Cleat needed for 1960 Glastron Fireflite

lduttry

Recruit
My boyfriend has purchased a 1960 Glastron Fireflite which is in poor repair, but still simply beautiful:D. I have grown up around boats myself, but never worked on restoring or even fixing them. My boyfriend just got the engine working last summer and was able to take the boat out on the water. Recently, when I first was introduced to the boat, my boyfriend brought me up to speed on his plans to attempt to restore it and I'd like to be of help. It is missing a cleat on the front right side of the boat and I would like to buy him a replacement as a surprise for his birthday, but google, my main source of information has been slow to yield any prosperous results. I saw some threads from other members restoring Glastrons and I wondered if there was a reliable and reasonable online site to purchase authentic vintage pieces? Or any advice that could be given of where I could start looking on foot for the piece? I am even so dense as to not know whether this cleat would be different than other cleats one could purchase at Dicks or some other sports store, but I imagine there is?

Also (I hope this keeps in line with the rules) the boat has a flag post (unaware of the technical term and unfortunately do not have a picture:confused:) without a flag. I wonder if anyone responding to this thread would be able to direct me to a resource to browse and purchase nautical flags and if the person was knowledgeable about Glastrons from the 60's what type of flag would best be suited for the boat. Specifically I wonder if Glastron had their own flag which may have come with the boat?

Thank you for any and all help or direction that could be provided.

Friscoboater

Captain
Re: Cleat needed for 1960 Glastron Fireflite

go to classicglastron.com and see of those guys can help you.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cleat needed for 1960 Glastron Fireflite

go to ebay and search for vintage boat parts