Bayliner 2252 cruiser restoration

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Re: Bayliner 2252 cruiser restoration

Hello Beech2000,

There is no significant progress on my project since life got on my way few times with surgeries and family loses since 2011. Also after buying the larger Bayliner 2855, family is no longer motivated or anticipating the splash day of this little boat.

I am the only one of my household who still did not give up yet. I recently had a rotator cuff on my left shoulder and my doctor is advising very little efforts until full recovery as possible.

I am still hopeful and very much looking forward to be able to resume working on my boat soon. Thanks for asking, I really appreciate it. Best of luck to you.

gztoyz

Recruit
I know it has been a while but did you get around to finishing this gem? I have just gotten a 95 2252 and would like to see what you have created. thank you.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Sorry to hear the news.
I had that surgery and did not follow the docs advice. Now I have a bump { like another shoulder} growing on my right side. Doc said to me you $$##@@!!! hole. Need to crack it out like 3x aday. Live and learn and yes... the boats always there waiting for you.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
I know it has been a while but did you get around to finishing this gem? I have just gotten a 95 2252 and would like to see what you have created. thank you.

Yes, I did few things. Very little time to document though.

I also built a complete 350 to replace the 4.3. I don't know how the 4.3 will handle but if I need more power, the 350 with a different drive is going in. If you have any specific questions, ask away.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Sorry to hear the news.
I had that surgery and did not follow the docs advice. Now I have a bump { like another shoulder** growing on my right side. Doc said to me you $$##@@!!! hole. Need to crack it out like 3x aday. Live and learn and yes... the boats always there waiting for you.

Sorry to hear that m8. I hope you are doing much better now. My doctor scared the $h*t out of me before those surgeries (I had 2 of them on each arm with a total of 4) so I followed his instructions to the T. I was not allowed to even rotate my ball shaped door knobs in my house for few months. Up until now, a twisting force hurts great deal. Thanks God for power tools.

gztoyz

Recruit
I was thinking about building a 350 for it also. what did you have to modify to put it in? Any more pics of your progress would be nice. I will start my build thread when it begins right now I'm collecting parts. Thank you for the reply.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
The Alpha One drive needed to go. I can change the gear ratio but I am going for Bravo so the transom assembly will have to go as well. I know the engine mount will need to be modified also but I am not there yet. The plan is to build it in such a way to accommodate both power train. I am so curious to know if the 4.3 & alpha can handle it and how they will perform so I might just start with them to figure this out

Tarek307

Recruit
Thats it? abrupt stop? no updates? would love to see where you are now with the project

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Thats it? abrupt stop? no updates? would love to see where you are now with the project

Not really, I am rebuilding but with a very slow progress. I bought a bigger boat few years ago and started new business and plenty of other life events that pushed this project a little down on my priority list.

I am still building it but with a completely different floor plans. I am a fishing addict and love to trail her to where ever I want to fish and start from there instead of driving my other boat 100 miles in the open ocean just to get to my fishing ground.

I replied to your thread. Let me know if you have any questions. best of luck to you.