Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

Twidget

Commander
Maybe it is because I grew up with Tri Hulls, all the boats Dad owned with the exception of an aluminum boat he bought when we first returned from Guam were Tri hulls. I like the way they look, yes they ride a bit rough, but they are stable at rest and track well.

Kogs, I understand about the Admiral, that is the reason I dont have it anymore. I really liked that boat too. It was a 16 footer, so that may have something to do with it. That hull was built like a tank I put in a bilge pump and couldn't believe how thick it was when I drilled for the external fitting.

I think you are probably right RedFury. To be honest when he got it, I thought it was a little on the wonky side. It has grown on me over the years though.

KE4PWE

Cadet
I also was very interested in the pilot tri hull, I have reviewed his tread on his build and even recovered a tri hull that was scrapped to start building my own. It will be awhile since I'm still working on the MFG boat.

Last edited:

KE4PWE

Cadet
Welcome Muskiebill to the group, if your doing a restore make a share a project page and share it here. Show us you vessel, boat, your floatation device, lol must have tri V, grin. Welcome.

redfury

Commander
Yeah, the deck boats were pretty "clunky" lookin' ... but they did make a nice party barge if you had a big group.

Twidget - Thanks for the note on the Deville's about being a little tippy. I'd been keeping my eyes open for a larger Deville, but if they wobble a bunch the Admiral won't like it. And if momma ain't happy ... ;)

JC55 - That Sport Craft is nice looking. Looks like you had a buncha' work into her.

Good seein' ya' on redfury!
You too! That's the problem with smart phones... Easy to check mail, but a pain to try to post to threads where you like to add pictures.... I'm on my tablet and post more frequently with it, but am less likely to ramble or add pics. I don't spend near the time I used to on my PC.

redfury

Commander
Forums would probably see more activity if they had mobile apps that let you post pics and text like Facebook.

Capt. Willie

Seaman Apprentice
Hi all, I'm a new member, and a proud owner of an Omega 1976 18' Tri-Hull, Open Bow, In/Outboard.

I just picked this boat up, cheap.......I initially thought I'd just resell, but she deserves a full resto, and right now, I'm undecided.....I started a thread in 'Boat Topics Sect'....and have a few pics there.

I like the Tri-Hull club sticker, maybe I'll get one...someday. I got my work cut out for me on this one, and I just finished reading the thrillhouse 700 thread. They did an awesome job on their 1975 Omega Tri-Hull Resto, and splashed her a yr. after beginning the project.

Great forum, website, and this thread/club too.

Update: I've decided to sell this boat, and thought maybe a dedicated 3V member/fan here would be interested.
I'll probably place an ad here.....she needs some work, but has good potential......pics in link.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ri-hull-18-ft-in-outboard-fish-ski-boat/page2

Last edited:

poppop51

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone, I have a tread in boat restoration on my 77 skeeter wrangler. I was looking for a trailer for the skeeter with paperwork when I was offered a nice trailer for free. The catch was I had to take the boat that was on it. It's a Imperial Princess tri-hull with good 4cyl. Mercruiser I/O. Dont know if its worth restoring or not. Can't decide. Will post pic's when temps get out of single digits. POPPOP

beekeeper1

Cadet
Happy to found something on trihulls. I have always liked them. I was given a Starcraft trihull w/70 Evinrude and trailer. Hope to pick up this weekend. It is only next door....LOL...will try to get pics up when it gets here. It will need lots of work.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard : that Evinrude in good shape should be a nice motor. I used to have some friends with a Starcraft Tri Hull - it was a nice boat.

beekeeper1

Cadet
LOL...This boat is far from nice but may be ok with a little TLC. Motor ended up being a 1970 Johnson 60 hp. PO must of liked house paint. He painted just about everything, Motor included. Which he painted Evinrude 70-----Wrong.But it was free.
Jack

southkogs

Staff member
If that's the 3 cylinder the motor head is still a good one ... Lower is gonna' be electric shift which'll get ya' laughed at, but when they work I kinda' like 'em.

We have a 15' tri hull with a 65HP on it, it was a fine boat for playing out on the lake.

beekeeper1

Cadet
No Title

This is how I got it. Have some work to do but should be perfect for me.
Jack

Attachments

• photo215191.jpg
    photo215191.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 1

Pikechaser

Recruit
No Title

Got my sticker and am proud of it. new picks of my 1966 Sport Craft 15 footer.

Attachments

• photo215361.JPG
    photo215361.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo215362.JPG
    photo215362.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 1

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
It's a '67 MFG Corvette II CV 15, the CV stands for Cathedral Vee hull.

You can see the Vee hull really shows at the transom:

So maybe it's a Cathedral Vee tri hull?:D

southkogs

Staff member
^^^ Something for everyone! LOL.

My first boat was pretty flat in back, but my current boat has a more pronounced "V" in the back. So, I don't think that's terribly uncommon. Cool lookin' boat.