Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
So.... A little update..
​Late last year it was suggested I "Join" this group.. So, I did!
Figured I'd post this here. I've posted all over the forums and have had AMAZING help in getting my new to me, FIRST ever boat up to snuff...

Here's a reminder pic of my boat.. lol

​So anyway.. When I bought it in August of 2016, the engine didn't run, I had NO experience with boats, but a family member does.. He suggested it would be a good buy to "Cut my teeth" on...
​Learn maintenance, repair, and all else that goes along with boat ownership, and for the whole package, (boat, engine, trailer) under $500 US? Yup...

​OH, the lessons learned!!
​Everything from checking the hull, stringers, transom, engine maintenance repair, control rigging, steering, pretty much NAME it!! LOL
​All had to be redone..
​Basically, the PO, had EVERYTHING backwards.. Steering was backwards, Fuel lines on fuel pump were backwards, Flywheel key was sheared.....
The list goes on...
I think the PO just gave up and got rid of it and I happened along...

​Ok.. Enough rambling..
​I got her running... Checked everything out.. Took the boating safety course and passed it, so I have my certificate (even though in RI I didn't need to because of age...)
Finally got her registered..

​All that's left, is to put on MY registration numbers on her, and take her to the lake for maiden voyage/float test/sea trials...
Hopefully, I can do that this Sunday!!!! (Weather permitting)..

​I'm excited, nervous, anxious and any other emotion you can think of.. LOL

​I'll keep you all posted if you like!

Thanks for reading, and wish me luck!! HAHA!!! :D

tallcanadian

Captain
So.... A little update..
​Late last year it was suggested I "Join" this group.. So, I did!
Figured I'd post this here. I've posted all over the forums and have had AMAZING help in getting my new to me, FIRST ever boat up to snuff...

Here's a reminder pic of my boat.. lol

​So anyway.. When I bought it in August of 2016, the engine didn't run, I had NO experience with boats, but a family member does.. He suggested it would be a good buy to "Cut my teeth" on...
​Learn maintenance, repair, and all else that goes along with boat ownership, and for the whole package, (boat, engine, trailer) under $500 US? Yup...

​OH, the lessons learned!!
​Everything from checking the hull, stringers, transom, engine maintenance repair, control rigging, steering, pretty much NAME it!! LOL
​All had to be redone..
​Basically, the PO, had EVERYTHING backwards.. Steering was backwards, Fuel lines on fuel pump were backwards, Flywheel key was sheared.....
The list goes on...
I think the PO just gave up and got rid of it and I happened along...

​Ok.. Enough rambling..
​I got her running... Checked everything out.. Took the boating safety course and passed it, so I have my certificate (even though in RI I didn't need to because of age...)
Finally got her registered..

​All that's left, is to put on MY registration numbers on her, and take her to the lake for maiden voyage/float test/sea trials...
Hopefully, I can do that this Sunday!!!! (Weather permitting)..

​I'm excited, nervous, anxious and any other emotion you can think of.. LOL

​I'll keep you all posted if you like!

Thanks for reading, and wish me luck!! HAHA!!! :D

It sounds like you had your hands full. Good luck on your splash. The best thing of all this is that feeling of acknowledgement when you fire it up at the lake for the first time. Try to control your ear to ear grin. Take pics and video. I'd be interested in seeing that.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
tallcanadian Will do!

​I'll TRY to control the grin.,.,. hehehe...

​According to weather forecast now, and speaking to the knowledgeable family member I spoke of..
​He agrees...
​Scheduled to leave the house by 9am Eastern to head to the lake and test her out...

​Pics and vids (success or not) will be taken and shared! LOL

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Evening All!

​Update to the maiden voyage today!
Not ALL success, but overall successful!!
​She started right up, Did the final idle mixture and rpm adjustments on the lake, puttered around a bit... That went well...
​Then started advancing throttle.. Figured I'd slowly go through the range.. Not looking for hole shot performance yet.. Just getting the feel for her..
​Well, Had some issues when I got about 1/2 throttle, so never got her on plane.. Going to post over in the Johnson engine forums about that though..

​So, I stuck with puttering, and about 1/4 (ok, a bit more) throttle.. Was a nice day for it, and she ran fine there.. Had a nice waterline as it sat, so.....
​We did some FISHING!! hehehe.... (yup, ear to ear grin... even with some issues.. haha!)

​I know the rule of thumb here on iBoats... Pics or it didn't happen.. To that end, Here we go!! LOL

About to lower engine at ramp:
20170604_120536.jpg

​Puttering around:
2017-06-04 14.54.56.jpg 2017-06-04 14.55.00.jpg 2017-06-04 14.55.18.jpg

Fishing:
20170604_130137.jpg 20170604_132511.jpg 20170604_134804.jpg

And we had visitors! the "Swan" family... hehe..
20170604_142747.jpg

​All in all, a successful day, and I feel MUCH more comfortable with my first ever boat, and putting more time and resources into getting her running better, and looking better now too!

​Thanks all!!!

Joe​

Attachments

• 20170604_120536.jpg
    20170604_120536.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 1

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Uugghh....
​So Part of spending more time and resources for the NEW (to me lol) boat, was outfitting my Blazer with a tow package so I don't have to rely on the family member to tow the boat...

Well.... Not so good..
​Took it to the mechanic for oil change and tow package. He checked it out, and the body mounts are rusting, there's an oil leak, and his opinion is it's not worth putting a tow package on this truck.
​He won't even do it because it'd be a waste of money..
​Dang that was a surprise.. Most mechanics (Auto anyway) would just do the work, collect money and so what if everything fails later...

​Anyhow, now I'm looking for a new truck for towing.

​Not exactly "Boat", but still related... LOL (sigh)..
:facepalm:

trav2210

Seaman Apprentice
Hey all,

Here is my new project!

1970 Sportster Sportline. Currently getting the engine in order and the interior changed out.

trav2210

Seaman Apprentice
thanks. I really liked the forward facing bow rider setup as well. I've owned a few bow riders and really this is the first I've seen like this. Currently pulling the MC140 out in the morning as I found a bad manifold and riser that filled the motor with water...

N7XW

Cadet
I am new here and just came across this thread. I recently bought a 15' Seaswirl trihull. What do I have to do to join the club? :joyous:

redfury

Commander
post a pic and you are in! Make it official and put a sticker on it! $2.50 ea via paypal, just send me a PM or make the payment to redfury111 AT Gmail.com

N7XW

Cadet
No Title

Well it took me awhile, but here I am officially applying for membership to the trihull club! I also ordered two decals.

Attachments

• photo270171.jpg
    photo270171.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 1
  • photo270172.jpg
    photo270172.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo270173.jpg
    photo270173.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo270174.jpg
    photo270174.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1
  • photo270175.jpg
    photo270175.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Wow!! Nice Rig N7!! Looks like a beauty!!
​Welcome!! (One newish member to another! :laugh: )

redfury

Commander
Finally got some decent video. I think my son thought he was narrating a lets play video... But enjoy!