Official Business of the 3V Club ( aka tri hull club )

canuckmark

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I would use the XD100 in either case. It is better for the engine since the oil is designed for the etec direct injection. If programmed for XD100, the EMM will inject less oil and in turn you'll use a lot less (plus no smoke or smell). It does cost a bit more but in the end I find it is a bit cheaper (uses less). Only thing is you can't use the regular stuff in XD100 mode.

Usually there is a small tag attached to the internal oil tank at the fill neck that tells you which way it is programmed (XD50 or XD100). The dealer can program it for you or you can actually do it yourself if you have the correct cable and software. The latter is a somewhat involved process though, so it may be easier/better to get a dealer to do it.

I love not having to mix gas on these etecs but still get the power band a 2 cycle gives.

tallcanadian

Captain
How can anyone not like tri hulls. There a few great examples in this post. Thanks for sharing.

redfury

Commander
No Title

Yeah, they are pretty nice boats, but man is mine thirsty! I went through 5 gallons of gas yesterday and maybe ran her for an hour ( an hour of unadulterated fun that is ). 37 mph on the GPS with a 19 degree prop in the chop.

Attachments

• photo230191.jpg
    photo230191.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2

Randy Bell

Cadet
Hi guys!!! I think my little 15.5 ft tri-hull Bass boat should qualify. I am still working on getting the title in my name before the real fun starts. Out of state purchases are never fun when the Government is involved! The boat is going to need a need floor, and transom that I can tell right off.

Randy Bell

Cadet
Like I said she needs work! I just got the title situated and have started taking the bumper trim off, so I can separate her. I am figuring with the transom and floor needing redone the stringers will need it too!

Randy Bell

Cadet
Well I just got the bumper trim off! There was more rivets under the trim strip, now to get the top off so the real work can begin!

southkogs

Staff member
Well, it's official - I'm down by two V's.

The Silverline is off to a new home and I'm going to have to be a member "emeritus" of the 3V club. You can see the story HERE.

Randy Bell

Cadet
Guys I am confused, I have the top ready to come off and the carpet up and the spot I felt in the floor is a crack. I can't see any wood except 2 sspots, the transom and 2 risers that the rod holders screw into.
Am I missing something?

brokenwrist

Seaman
My 1979 Chrysler Striper. Needs a bit of cleanup and few things fixed.
20af2618-4e38-4b39-ad36-dc410689884b_zpskevn2hpo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

88evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
No Title

would you gentlemen consider this boat a tri hull ive heard it called multiple names. the boat is a 89 bumble bee king bee

Attachments

• photo241482.jpg
    photo241482.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2

southkogs

Staff member
Close enough :) Most tri-hulls are actually what might be called a modified tri-hull or a cathedral hull. The bass boat types are generally in that cathedral hull camp.

88evinrude

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Close enough :) Most tri-hulls are actually what might be called a modified tri-hull or a cathedral hull. The bass boat types are generally in that cathedral hull camp.
i see. i have actually heard it called a mod tri hull but not a cathedral hull. i learn something ne w everyday

tri76tx

Recruit
hello to all,

I am new boat owner, i got this 1976 VIP tri hull ....the boat is in great shape has a small soft spot but everything else is great. she has a 85 hp johnson outboard motor and i got to start it a bit yesterday....I wanted to join the 3V club....attached is a picture...the only thing i have done to it is buff the hull, put a new navigation light on the back, new automatic bilge pump and will be working to see if the current stereo works or not this weekend coming up...i looking forward to learn from current owners and also post information as i am learning...attached is a pic.... thanks, al

Attachments

• IMG_20160428_0724320_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20160428_0724320_rewind.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: