Looking for a source for Forester boat seats

Sixmark

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys I want to get my restoration of my Baretta done this season, however I'm looking for a set of back to back seats out of a late 80's early 90's Forester.

The seats don't have to be perfect so long as the forms are solid enough to reuse or even use as templates for making new forms, I will be redoing the upholstery.

anyone got any ideas? I'm putting a link for a picture of the type of seats I'm looking for
boat%20seats%20cropped.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Looking for a source for Forester boat seats

After-market........ iboats, ebay, greatlakesskipper...... you are on a treasure hunt. Good luck.

Sixmark

Well I knew that Bob.....lol.

The thing is that I don't need new seats because I would have to do the upholstery to match the interior I'm putting in. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent boat salvage yards in the upper midwest where I might be able to find some salvageable "cores".

Sixmark

I know about the suppliers of seats that will let me choose my colors, the point is that I do custom upholstery myself, so while they would be able to match the colors, it would be with a standard pattern and my interior isn't a standard.

The pattern on the side panels is similar to what I need to put on the seats, which requires custom foam inserts which I make and custom upholstery......thus the reason for a core to start with, I just wanted to try and stick with a similar framework.

2010-08-29%2014.58.47.jpg

ktmtomb

Recruit

img0399mv.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]I have a forester boat that I just reupolstered myself. I got the seats from veeada and bought the fabric from them also. I copied off of my old fabric for patterns and sewed myself, made the forms for the sides of the boat out of 3/8 inch plywood. I used my old foam . I also bought the matching buttons from them. they were great to work with i did my whole boat for under 700.00 it turned out like a new boat, every body complimants about how nice my intertor is. I am including a few pics.
img0402ld.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]