Supreme Mariner
Way to go SAM!!!
images

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey woody the little guy doing the jig Looks just like sam lol lisa

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
OK guys and gals ! Here is the first glimpse of splash day ! Having trouble with my video editor so getting things published is slow going .. I think it's an operator problem .. :facepalm: I think Kelly will put up some pics later .. A bit rough at the lake but not too bad . A bit of motor trouble at the end . I,m guessing fuel related .
I'll get the running vid up in a little while ..
I want to thank all of you guys for the very kind gifts and notes y'all sent to me !!! You all are the very BEST !!!! PM's and or phone calls will be coming soon !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMpKxwGBH2c
I never met Charles but I,m sure we would have gotten along great if we had the chance .. I hope he was watching as Lisa ,Kelly , and I finally finished what he started before he was called away so early in life ...
Thanks everyone ! More vids to come !

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Yes the boat looks awesome Everyone that saw it, commented on how good it looked One guy said is that new or restored I thought they didn't make them any more. We pointed at Sam and said he did it. Even though the weather wasn't perfect we loved seeing it in the water. Eager to go again. Since the motor needs a little work I guess we will just have to take Sam with us again Thank you guys for all your help and what you did for Sam. He has been so good to us. He will forever be in our hearts. .Lisa & Kelly

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congratulations on the slash. Sorry to hear you all had some motor trouble, but I'm sure you all will get it worked out. The Quachita looks good in the water, and I'm sure she's better built than anything new out there.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, I guess it's official soo... Here ya go!!!

Congrats SAM!!! Thanks for ALL your Hard Work and Dedication. Ya Dun Rite Good!!! I'm Sure Charles Is Lookin Down with a A Big Smile of Approval!!!

Lisa and Kelly it's time to enjoy now!!!

Mike

jbcurt00

Staff member
Congrats on the splash!

It was good getting to see and hang out w you all back in March. I'm sure Charles is proud of what you've all done and was watching w a huge smile when you put it back in the water.

Excellent work.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ok here is a vid of it running ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKIWU2b4wSo&feature=youtube_gdata
No where near wot .. It actually took the chop pretty well .. The problem later on was we stopped to change drivers and you'll see when Lisa was driving the throttle was full forward but no power ..Put back in neutral it would shut off .. I could restart with the warm up bar but when you lower the bar and put in gear it would shut down .. I really wish I had better mechanical skills .. Carb adjustment /linkage ? We are going to find a good merc mechanic in there area where Lisa can take it to for yearly service ..

tallcanadian

Captain
Boat looks great. Awesome video. Congratulations on another piece of art. Nice work Sam. Be proud.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sam, Lisa, Kelly, WOW!!! that is so awesome!!! Congrats on the splash and thank you for sharing the build and splash with us!!!!

zool

Captain
That was great to watch Sam, felt like we were with you, still trying to get a handle on that lever steering, how does that handle??...You did look like an airboat captain :)

Congrats guys and gals!...

ahmincha

Lieutenant Commander
Congratulations to you all !!! The Quachita looked awesome it will serve you for many years to come. Great work Sam

KC4ZQZ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone!
Thank you sooooo much for the well wishes and also all of the support. Needless to say, mom and I are HUGE Sam fans. He's lifted our spirits so much during the time we've known him... And the boat is gorgeous! Even witnessing all of the hard work it's hard to believe it looks THAT good.

Anyway, I thought I'd upload a few pics. Mainly, I just wanted you all to see Sam receiving the certificate of appreciation and the cards. Also, mom made him a really cool photo album. It starts with a few pictures of my dad with the boat and starting the rebuild, and then follows the process from the time Sam got started.

I was so happy to be back in that boat and on the water. It felt peaceful. We're not too worried about the little motor issue as this is a big boating area, and we know it'll be no problem to find someone to get it tweeked. We also have a little more confidence in the whole boating process. Sam explained a lot of stuff to us, and mom and I even managed to get it back into the garage afterward (even thought it took a while). We are SO EXCITED to have a beautiful boat to tool around in. Anyway, I hope you like the pictures. Talk to you soon.
Kelly

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for Posting the Pics. I'm Soooo happy that the splash went well. Sure wish I knew something about Mercury Motors but I know Nothing!!! I'm sure you'll get it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.