1974 Ouachita Tri-hull Bass Boat Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcurt00

Staff member
. I,m thinking they might should take a safety/boating coarse . If I could find a free one through the Coast Guard or something I wouldn't mind sitting through a class also ..

$29.50 online only:
http://www.boat-ed.com/florida/

Class setting $20per, or if you don't mind sharing a book $30/2ppl
http://wow.uscgaux.info/pe_class_fly...T&course=13892
^^^ Sat 1/24/2015
8a-5p
Fort Caroline Community Club
4131 Ferber Road
Jacksonville, FL 32277

Covers: If you are interested in an exciting, in-depth boating safety course, check out the in classroom (seminar) version of our popular online boating course. This beginner boating class will give you the knowledge needed to obtain a boat license or safety certification in many states. Many boat insurance companies will offer discounts on boating insurance to boaters who successfully complete About Boating Safely.​
In other areas:
http://www.cgaux.org/boatinged/class_finder/

Free online course from Boat US, I started it a while ago, just haven't finished it, but feel it was VERY helpful so far and fairly in depth. It's not a quick, easy, no thought required program. Not difficult, just in depth, IMO.

Other info here:
http://www.uscgboating.org/safety/boating_safety_courses_.aspx

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Got the remote installed with new cables today .. The old ones were to short .. I hope I got it hooked up right . The shift cable was pretty easy to adjust but the throttle was making my head hurt .. I needed to locate the idle stop adjustment screw and the clymer just did not have a picture of this model .
Also hooked up the stick steering and thank goodness I did not have to unbolt and slide the motor over to get the shaft into the tube ..
Aluminum rub rail all riveted on ! For a minute I thought I was working on a tinnie ! :eek::rolleyes:
Need to mount the prop ,install trolling motor , mount seats plus a few other odds and ends ,and ummmmmm got a few kool Ouchita sticker emblems and registration numbers to install and this puppy will be ready for some H2O !! :fish2:
Well after I test fire the motor of course ....;)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Glad to hear you got the cables installed and everything adjusted. Steering arm working ok??

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Got the motor running today but having trouble with the throttle cable ... With the adjustment all the way out it's still not long enough to mount on the post at neutral position .. I made a short video but trying to post is almost impossible for some reason .. :frusty:
Was going youtube but invalid user /password on everything even after starting new accounts :deadhorse:
I could just do PB but the vids use up your bandwidth so much ...
Anywho motor sounds great !! :joyous: Got the sticker emblems on ,trolling motor mounted , prop installed also ...
Hopefully I can get the cable issue figured out soon ...

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
What you need is a clamp of some sort to hold the two cables together!!! Motor sounds great btw!:D

tallcanadian

Captain
Motor sounds awesome. So smooth. Are both the throttle cables and shift cables the same length? Do you know how long the other boat was? You may have to replace that cable for a longer one.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Motor sounds awesome. So smooth. Are both the throttle cables and shift cables the same length? Do you know how long the other boat was? You may have to replace that cable for a longer one.

Merc did sound pretty good ! The cables are the same length .. And the good news is I figured out the problem ! :)
It seems I did not have the warm up bar installed correctly . The throttle arm was pushed too far forward and it would not slide back past the center of the lever .. I haven't fired it back up yet but it looks like I got it adjusted correctly ... :joyous:

RStewart

Seaman
Great job on the Quachita. Motor sounds good as well. You going to splash her soon?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Ron ! I just helped finish things up .. Charles did all the hard work .. As far as a splash , The boats ready for water just need to go through the trailer lights and such and hopefully pick a weekend with some nice weather .. Oh, and I plan on bringing my boat along also so I need to go pick up my registration/tag ...

jbcurt00

Staff member
When you and the ladies drop it in the water for the first time, I suspect Charles will be there. Perhaps every time they do.

Really great work. Finishing is the hard part ;)

Tnstratofam

Commander
Everything does look great and that Merc sounds like it's ready for the water. Can't wait to see you all making waves..

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy !!!!!!! I cant wait to see the big smiles after splash!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.