1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Decker83

Commander
Just dropping in to keep this thread active.. Still on the tinny side of things..

saginawbayboater

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Just dropping in to keep this thread active.. Still on the tinny side of things..

Hi Decker good to hear from ya!! Hope your doing well with your bipedal locomotion!:thumb: Looking forward to some updates on the deck boat.:peace:

Take Care!

Decker83

Commander
Thanks saginawbayboater,, Doing well..

Just stopping in to say Have a Great Thanksgiving..​

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Merry Christmas Decker
images

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Decker, It is my sincere hope that you and yours have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!
Animated-Happy-New-Year-Graphic.gif

Its_Ya_Boy

Cadet
Just finished reading all of these posts and I'm just amazed at everything from the build to all Olathe ups and downs. Hats off to you sir for being so humble and for taking the time to reply back to everyone. I found this forum bc I'm trying to repair my transom in my 18' 1989 deck boat anyway I just wanted to say hi and thanks for all of your posts and all of the info you shared with everyone

Its_Ya_Boy

Cadet
Re: 1983 Deck Boat Transom/deck/stringer replacement Help

Happy Easter to everyone.
Made a good purchase today at Harbor Frieght. They had a 25% off one item coupon sale today. I bought a folding engine hoist (1ton) for $129.00. After I'm done with it, I think I can sell it for the same price.
Didn't do much today. I just finnished the cap. Was easy to do because it's in three piece's. Had to cut the livewells out in the back. Used one of Harbor Frieghts universal tools with a round balde. It did a good job and didn't make much dust. I have some new pics. In the last one there is some foam on the transom. It is all wet and needs to be replaced. Any ideals on how to replace this foam? Should I just use some plywood instead. Not sure why foam was used there. Any help please.

Did you cut them out by going under the lip of the cap or from the inside?

Decker83

Commander
Hey gents and ladys.
Been a really long time since I've been here.. Just wanted to share something I did over in the star craft side..
I purchased some marine plywood from a sign shop. It has glued on paper on one side and the other side has vinyl and paper and glue on the other..
When I tried to sand it down to bare wood I had sanding dust all over the back yard.. So after a little searching I came up with this.
I used some paint grip galvanize, solder and a pair of tin snips and a made this.. It sucks up 95 % of all the super fine dust.
It should work great for grinding glass..
100_3999.JPG100_3996.JPG

Attachments

• 100_3998.JPG
    100_3998.JPG
    1,011.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_3997.JPG
    100_3997.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I would have never thought about filtering through pickle slices Decker ! :D
Very inventive ! But I'm not surprised this coming from the guy that invented the 5 gal bucket resin pouring devise . ;)
Glad to here from ya brother !

oldrem

Commander
I have a water bucket device I bought years ago for sanding drywall compound. Never thought of using it for anything else. Thanks for a great tip!

Decker83

Commander
I would have never thought about filtering through pickle slices Decker ! :D
Very inventive ! But I'm not surprised this coming from the guy that invented the 5 gal bucket resin pouring devise . ;)
Glad to here from ya brother !

Hey Sam, You know I tried everything I could think of and the pickle slices worked the best..:laugh:
I need to spend some time and catch up on all your projects.. The wooden boat looks great..
You seam to be asking the right question and getting some great advice from the forum..
Always good to hear from you brother..

Last edited:

Decker83

Commander
I have a water bucket device I bought years ago for sanding drywall compound. Never thought of using it for anything else. Thanks for a great tip!

Thanks for stopping by oldrem..
When I was doing my research I came across a few ytube vids showing what you have. That should work great as well..
The water would catch all the glass..:dance:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
My Oh My...Look what the Cat drug in!!!!
Decker it's a pleasure to see you posting again. I Like your Dust Separator bucket. I have something similar in my wood shop to remove the big chips so the dust collector only catches dust.

Timr71

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi Decker! I just read all 64 pages of this thread. Awesome work. And so much of your life story on here too. I hope all is well. I'll go find the Starcraft thread. Don't give up on the deck boat. She's going to be a beauty! Best of luck!

Decker83

Commander
My Oh My...Look what the Cat drug in!!!!
Decker it's a pleasure to see you posting again. I Like your Dust Separator bucket. I have something similar in my wood shop to remove the big chips so the dust collector only catches dust.

Well hello Mr Woodonglass.. I've been lurking around. Hope all is well with you and your family..
I miss being on this side of the forum..
I had to do something to help keep the dust down.. It is worse than the glass dust is. The little guard really helps to suck up all the dust.. I am amazed at how much the Dust Separator works.. The filter in my shop vacuum stays really clean..
Hope your feeling good and all is well with your health..

Decker83

Commander
Hi Decker! I just read all 64 pages of this thread. Awesome work. And so much of your life story on here too. I hope all is well. I'll go find the Starcraft thread. Don't give up on the deck boat. She's going to be a beauty! Best of luck!

Thank you Timr71. Glad you liked the thread.. I still have the deck boat all wrapped up and waiting for my return.
The Admiral likes the StarCraft better than the deck boat, so with that said, I have to keep the Admiral happy.
I am doing well and still kicking around, just not as high..:laugh:
Have a great day!!