Finding replacement round vent for my Stingray Blower

gtochris

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hopefully the attachment works...

I have these 4" round blower vent holes, the origional pieces had broken louvers however they went into the hole approximately 2", enough to secure the vent hose to and were almost flush with the boat.

I ordered these from iboat: http://www.iboats.com/T-H-Marine-Lo...00254280--**********.823362725--view_id.47932 However they only go in the hole maybe 1/8" or so, not enough to secure the hose to.

Does anyone know where I can find the above with enough internal tubing that the vent hose can re-attach?

Only alternative I see is going with the Cowl vents with the chrome covers, but I'm resistant since they stick out and rob space from the platform and could become broken
http://www.iboats.com/Exterior-Mari...0254280--**********.823362725--view_id.257681

Thanks!
-Chris

Attachments

• Vent.jpg
    Vent.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 0
Re: Finding replacement round vent for my Stingray Blower

Chris, did you check with Stingray Boats for replacements?

Another idea for the T-H vents with the 1/8" flange would be to add a larger flange to it using aluminum flashing and pop rivet it to the vent. Then attach the hose to the new wider aluminum flange. The vent mounts flush so you wouldn't see any of the alumnum flashing flange.

gtochris

I havent, I'll look them up. It didnt occur to me.

I've looked on ebay and at every Stingray model like mine and every boat has broken vents!

I'll see what I can find from the manufacturer. Any one else have links in the mean time?

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I see the problem here..

You have vents that dont go deep enough to connect the hose ( what a biatch thats gonna be with those wings there ).

So just enough to attach the hose to the neck of the vent without crinking the hose..

Grab your new vents and take them to HD and see if they have some thin wall ( or anything ) pvc or something that fits your vent neck. 4200 them together and fit to what you need ??? ( even get close to a direct fit would be good )..

YD.

gtochris

I see the problem here..

You have vents that dont go deep enough to connect the hose ( what a biatch thats gonna be with those wings there ).

So just enough to attach the hose to the neck of the vent without crinking the hose..

Grab your new vents and take them to HD and see if they have some thin wall ( or anything ) pvc or something that fits your vent neck. 4200 them together and fit to what you need ??? ( even get close to a direct fit would be good )..

YD.

Their is actually more room and access then you think, (fortuante) I like your idea and might see what I can find as I prefer these vents to the Perko style ones, plus those are going to cost me an additional $60! (Hey, thats a tank of gas:))

I checked Stingray's website and they only say that "see your dealer for parts" and their is currently no dealer in my state... It's going to take more then blower vents to get me to drive to PA!:cool:

gtochris

I fixed it! was able to drill 3 very small holes in the edges of the vents and was able to zip tie the hosing over the vent and it worked out great! The zip ties are completely out of sight hiden behind the louvers.

-Chris