Bent Bow Rail

Joker757

Petty Officer 2nd Class
In one of the hurricanes a few years back the starboard side of the bow rail got pushed up (see pic). Any suggestions to fix this? Can I just bend it back?

Attachments

• DSC02188.JPG
    DSC02188.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 0

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Bent Bow Rail

Try sticking a 2x4 through it and bending it back. Use your weight rather than strength.

Joker757

Petty Officer 2nd Class

are you saying to insert a 2x4 running across the bow under the port side of the rail and over the top of the starboard side?

jonesg

Admiral

are you saying to insert a 2x4 running across the bow under the port side of the rail and over the top of the starboard side?

Exactly, thats all a boatyard would do, then give you some yarn about a special jig.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

I might have a better screen then jones ;) ..

Looking like your replacing that puppy to get it right.

Its not just your port side..but your stbd side is whacked out too ( from your pic ).

You also need to rebed All of those through bolts no matter if you take a 2x to it or not..

Got insurance ? ..

YD.

PS. I dont see any way to fix an outward streach/bend of tubed SS .. Inward bend possible..not outward. Very hard no matter what.

Joker757

Petty Officer 2nd Class

do I just replace the risers (deck to rail) pieces or the rail as well. Planned on using Interlux 214 bedding compound.