• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Converting a trailer to drive on?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting a trailer to drive on?

Anyone have good luck with taking an older trailer and making it more user friendly at the dock.

My trailer is a 1981 with tilt - it is hard to get the boat on without getting in the water because its the older style that is not drive on.

I was looking for ideas to modify the boat.

One thought is that the front roller could be converted to a V notch of some sort that is wider and could help line the boat up properly.

Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Converting a trailer to drive on?

Well.. honestly no trailer should be "drive on". Driving a boat onto the trailer pretty much guarantees erosion right at the end of the boat ramp where it will cause problems for other folks. Plus it can damage your motor if you happen to over-rev when your intake is sucking air.

There are lots of ways to make trailers easier to use.. I'd suggest posting this in the trailers section of this board for more help (Mods, can you move this?)

Erik
    Sea Ray SRV-210 - Winter refit
    75-85 foot displacement hull trawler - gleam in my eye

Comment

Re: Converting a trailer to drive on?

It could be as simple as changing your keel rollers to self centering type. The keel rollers on the tilt trailer I had were pretty narrow and cheap. These work great.

You might want to look at the many guide-ons on the market. They are a big help in the wind.
      "Your results may vary"

Thundercraft in Progress
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=287390

Tri-hull Wiring
      http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=448376

Comment

Working...
      X