Missing Rub Rail Bow Cap

Danny38fp

Recruit
Hello all,
I am trying to locate a rub rail cap for the tip of the bow on a 1987 Celebrity 190V Bowrider (see attached photo). I've failed to locate anything new but have seen them on some boat listings. I would think it is a common piece of hardware. There is one salvage/project boat owner (the one in the picture) that I have contacted but have not yet heard back. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find a part like this. My boat was missing it when purchased so I don't know whether it is cast, stainless, aluminum or what. The rub rail is aluminum with rubber/vinyl insert.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Dan

Attachments

• 190V BR.jpg
    190V BR.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0

drewpster

Commander
Re: Missing Rub Rail Bow Cap

I ran in to this back several years ago when I was restoring a 1969 Revelcraft (unfinished to date) I accidently knocked one of the corner chocks off the stern coming out of a slip too fast. Bloop...in the water and gone. i searched high and low with no luck and ended up replacing the whole rubrail.
You may have better luck. I have seen those bow caps like you have on allot of older boats. You should scour every salvage yard you can find because finding a new one is going to be next to impossible. I am guessing most of them are made specifically for the manufacturers and no aftermarket dealer is going to have it.

A good place to start,

Lanier Marine Liquidators In Buford Georgia. They have a lot full of wrecks and a web site. Give them a try. They are junkers for sure, but they may be able to help.