Shell Lake Boats

JimAllen

Cadet
Has anybody ever restored a wooden Shell Lake boat? I know there are plenty of fiberglass Shell Lakes but what about wood? Thanks

jepstr67

Cadet
Re: Shell Lake Boats

I have a Shell Lake 14' row boat I bought from a guy 12 years ago. I don't think he ever used it. It came with his cabin and had been stored in the basement of the cabin for years. It has only been painted once since new and the wood is in almost new condition. I just looked at it yesterday and it has been baking in my shed for years so most of the second layer of paint is ready to fall off leaving only the original factory paint/varnish.

Any idea what something like this is worth? I really only have interest in Larson boats, but this Shell Lake was in such great condition I just couldn't let him take it to the dump. It even came with 2 sets of oars.

acliffdweller

Recruit
Re: Shell Lake Boats

Has anybody ever restored a wooden Shell Lake boat? I know there are plenty of fiberglass Shell Lakes but what about wood? Thanks

Do you still have the Shell Lake ? I am in the process of restoration of a 14' pre '58.