1979 22' Starcraft SuperSport V5 Restoration

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
how do you plan on making the inside panels. and how are they attached. I didn't get any with my project 22 ft V5 holiday... and am scratching my head on how I can make up some side panels.. there are NO holes in the sides of the boat, so there never was anything riveted!!! most boats are different... and the BIG V5 hulls don't have the same layout as the other hulls( I have an 80s ss180, and a 70's 21' islander and all three are different

BOB

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
do you have any photos of that?????? are the angles down low near the floor??? or up near the gunnels tops

bob

I do. Sorry for the delay...

I think the Holiday V-5's have different gunnels than the SuperSport V-5's after seeing SunnyJim's pics in his thread.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Good idea with the gasket. Got to protect all that hard work.

Yeah, thanks!

I haven't done much the last two weeks. It's been hot and humid. Today the temps are supposed to drop and the long range shows cooler air on the way. Progress will start again!

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Hi everyone. I'm still here. Been busy. Even though I'm not trying to be busier, it still seems to end up that way.

Hopefully some good progress to come toward summer.

sprintst

Commander
Good to see you back. I still have to pickup my upholstered engine cover from last year :) You reminded me to pick it up and get it on the boat so I can have some progress :)

shark1600

Cadet
You have a great boat that i would like to find soon, have you got to work on it this summer?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Shark, its been awhile since DJ posted to this topic.

Please dont post to inactive topics. After 90days w no new posts, if you're interested in an update, send the poster a PM, but dont post to the topic. As mentioned in both the rules and the helpful tip at the top of the page.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
I'm still here and hoping to work on my boat this winter. I'm selling the snowmobiles in hopes of some more free time at home. You haven't missed anything! Dave.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Looking forward to seeing your monster V5 SS hit the waves, my 18'r sure looks small after looking at a 22'r.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm still here and hoping to work on my boat this winter. I'm selling the snowmobiles in hopes of some more free time at home. You haven't missed anything! Dave.
Glad you're still around! Looking forward to seeing more work done.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Tin hat guys? Me & @Watermann are about it.
Plenty of fresh recruits in your absence.

We lost Don (GA_BOATER) nearly 2yrs ago, rip.

The SOTY is still being awarded every Jan. Nominations should start soon.

Welcome back

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Tin hat guys? Me & @Watermann are about it.
Plenty of fresh recruits in your absence.

We lost Don (GA_BOATER) nearly 2yrs ago, rip.

The SOTY is still being awarded every Jan. Nominations should start soon.

Welcome back
Thanks! Going to start picking away at things. I’m thinking about learning how to sew. I’ve been watching videos and stuff and I think I could do it. The hardest part I think, the back to back seats, are already done. I had someone do them years ago.

Would it be worthwhile to move this thread to the StarCraft Forum? If that could even be done…..

DWbaseball

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looking good. Remember looking at this thread for ideas. Great lines on the v5 and we both have a 22' SS.

Gibbles

Lieutenant Commander
I remember how big the 18ft ss v5 was that I helped send up to Canada via dozer so many years ago.

22ft seems like it would be a nice size for one of those. (y)