78 cee bee avenger seats

nascarguy320

Cadet
I would like to know what is the best wood to buy to replace the wood for my seats. I have had this boat now for a week and need to get this back together and get it on the water. The seats are stapled and glassed in so I would like to add longer seats in back and what is the best wood and best way to install them...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 78 cee bee avenger seats

In your first post QC gave you two links. One of those links has a photo-link in it to an avenger that was restored. The pictures show the seats that were redesigned and built.

WOW 2 hours and 28 minutes ......... you need to have some patience here grasshopper ...... many people are at work and do not have time to answer :rolleyes:

nascarguy320

Cadet

Sorry about that all, I just want to get this boat restored and back into the water. The last time it was in the water was in 97 per the last tag on it.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

So, it's been out of water for 13 years..... I can understand the rush!

I would use plywood and allot of wood working skills. In the interim is there a way to rig up temporary seating so you can work on the wooden framed ones?

Check out my restoration thread. http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=329927 ..... I mounted a folding seat on an aluminum diamond plate box...... trust me I am itching to get on the water too!

Scorpion 21

Recruit

What a shame you are on the other side of the country, I have seats and a whole 1981 21 ft avenger on ebay. Seats are nice.

nascarguy320

Cadet

Well thanks I would take it from you, do you have any pics of your boat in and out pics,just trying to get ideas on what to do with it.

nascarguy320

Cadet

I just uploaded some pics of my boat the first day I got it home, they are in my profile.... will add some more tomorrow...

Scorpion 21

Recruit

If you need pics of the seats in detail let me know, I can take some pics and try to post them if it can help.

nascarguy320

Cadet

If you can post pics of the int. I think it will help me out alot. thanks for the help too...