Gluvit vs West system 105 Epoxy Resin

crawler691

Cadet
I need to repair some leaks (a lot) in my hull (7.5 gal of water in 2.5 hours) I was checking around locally with the hopes of repairing the hull this weekend. The only thing I could find was the West system 105 Epoxy Resin with the 205 Fast Hardener. I did some checking on the West System website and it seems that it would work the same as gluvit but since I am really new to the repair world I thought I would ask the gurus. the price for the West System is comparable to what I would pay for gluvit $55 (shipping include) and $53 for the west system but its locale. Anyway here is the website for the west system http://www.westsystem.com/ss/epoxy-resins-and-hardeners

idk maybe I should order the gluvit and wait for it to arrive and hope that the walleyes are still biting or should I chance it and try the west system......

thanks for the knowledge!!!!!

bananaboater

Ensign
Re: Gluvit vs West system 105 Epoxy Resin

I would wait for gluvit since it seems to be the preferred choice of most of us.

Do you have a bilge pump installed? Pretty cheap and it might keep you fishing and floating for the time being.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Gluvit is designed for it and the west system epoxy will not flex..........

crawler691

Cadet

I ordered the gluvit yesterday shortly after posting. I would rather use the right stuff then waste money and try something that might not work. the short wait will give me time to do other small repairs that I want to do.

Thanks guys!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good choice.

The gluvit creeps into cracks and under rivets. Prior to using gluvit it is a good time to re-buck loose rivets.