non skid deck paint

cobia1970

Seaman Apprentice
i need help finding a good paint for the deck of my boat .non skid....thanks

bktheking

Vice Admiral
Re: non skid deck paint

Topic will be moved, however, KIWI Grip is what I used on my boat.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer

I'm going through the same process. I ordered some samples from Durabak to see what its about. At first I considered doing the paint it and add some texture to keep the cost down. But the more I have worked on the deck, glassing & and sanding, I figure I might as well spend the money and get the durable (yet more expensive stuff). I've asked the question and there have been various things people have used. Such as Grizzly Gripz, Duraback, Kiwi Grip, and Rustoleum Deck paint.

I guess it all depends on what its worth to you. The more expensive appears to be longer lasting and more durable. Lower cost, less durable and lasting. Just like everything in boating, go with what your budget can handle.

saxrulez

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm going through the same process. I ordered some samples from Durabak to see what its about. At first I considered doing the paint it and add some texture to keep the cost down. But the more I have worked on the deck, glassing & and sanding, I figure I might as well spend the money and get the durable (yet more expensive stuff). I've asked the question and there have been various things people have used. Such as Grizzly Gripz, Duraback, Kiwi Grip, and Rustoleum Deck paint.

I guess it all depends on what its worth to you. The more expensive appears to be longer lasting and more durable. Lower cost, less durable and lasting. Just like everything in boating, go with what your budget can handle.

I'm on the same stage. At the moment its just glass, and I'm going to use it as is, but I really want to have a more finished look. Do you have any good pictures or threads of people using the above mentioned products? I have some sanding to do still to smooth out the floor first, but I really kinda wanna do it this weekend. Just need to make a decision.