• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

1980 Glastron HPV 165 resoration.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1980 Glastron HPV 165 resoration.

I'm creating a new post. Its my official rebuild post for easy tracking. Hopefully I can get the picture thing figured out but I'll give it a shot.
    The floor is bad. The transom was soaked which I found after separating the cap. Let me know what you guys think!

Re: 1980 Glastron HPV 165 resoration.

Comment

So I got most of this thing ground out except for the stringers. I'll get pictures soon. I was looking for opinions with my stringers. I have 6'' aluminum I-beams that are 20 feet long which is plenty. The problem is that the stringer I have now are 7'' at the deepest point. So I though that if I can put a 1'' cap on top of the beam it would work fine. What do you guys think? would i be better off going back with wood? i'm still planning on sealing them with fiberglass to prevent corrosion. any thoughts? thanks

Comment

Where are u on your project? I'm curious cause I think I now have that same boat that's in the pics!

Comment

Working...
        X