1948 Starcraft 14 foot transom replacement

cr9c1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys. I was told its a 1948, even though starcraft tells me they didn't make a boat that matched mine in 1948. However, it is old.

The transom is due for replacement, but I am having a hard time tracking down a suitable replacement board. The board thats in it is one piece, rather wide, probably 2 feet or so, and 2 inches or more thick. Anyone have any suitable replacement or can direct me to where I can find one?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 1948 Starcraft 14 foot transom replacement

You have to make that board from pieces of 3/4" exterior plywood and a bit of work....

cr9c1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Okay. Im clueless when it comes to measurements and boards and whatnot (Not so much measurements as boards)

You think you could find something similar on a webpage or something and link it for me if it isn't too much trouble? I have delayed replacing it far too long. The old one is split and falling a part and its time to replace it and make it safe again. :)

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is a veritable Starcraft haven, much to the chagrin of us fiberglass guys. Do a search for starcraft and you will find tons of info.

Terry

Fisherball

Chief Petty Officer

Search this forum for "transom replacement", you'll find many threads, most with photos & some that go step by step with photos on how to do it.

Jeep Man

Commander

Check out other posts in the restoration forum dealing with transom replacements. Some of them are quite descriptive (with photos). You'll get lots of ideas and methods. Good luck, and by the way, when the Starcraft cult...er, I mean club find out you have a vintage Starcraft, they'll be drooling over themselves to help.:D