Holding tank advise

Speakrdude

Ensign
Hello All. I need some advise. The most recent project I am working on is an 88 Sea RAY 300 Sundancer.
This boat will be used by myself in fresh water so I need a holding tank and a means to put out.
It has a SanX system currently, but does not have a pump out and only the small treatment tank system. It has the Vacuflush system, with a large diaphram pump coming from Vacuflush output to the treatment tank input, and then another large diaphram pump coming from the treatment tank output right out the side of the boat.

My question is, Due to space constraints, Should I pull the treatment tank completely and replace with a simple holding tank. Plumb it to a deck pump out and call er done?

erikgreen

Captain
Re: Holding tank advise

The vacuum flush systems are very nice.. if you haven't compared them to a regular non vacuum head, you might want to do so before deciding.

Whether you want to save space is up to you... obviously in fresh water you can't dump over the side like you can offshore in salt, so part of that system won't do too much good. A deck pump out could be added and that part removed.

Personally I'd try to keep part of what's there since it's likely nicer to use and maintain than a simple tank/pump out, but the latter would take less space and be simpler.

Erik

Speakrdude

Ensign
Re: Holding tank advise

No, I've always had the pump the handle on the toilet kind then use the big vac at the Marina to suck it out of the holding tank. The Vacuflush sounds like a nice feature.

There is absolutley no more room back there (Bilge) for any luxuries. If I remove the SanX system, I can fit a 16x16x20 (20 gallon) holding tank on the Port side. I can run a 1.5" hose from there up to a deck fitting from there.

Do I need to remove the pump from the output of the Vacuflush (canister?) as-well-as the pump from the SanX treatment tank that goes to the thru-hull fitting at the water line and then block off?
Sorry for all the questions, but....