1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
#*%*@*#*@* Mower Is kickin my behind. I'm doing a continuity test on EVERY wire in the harness. Checked ALL components and they are GOOD. I must have fried a wire or something but for the life of me I don't know where. Very frustrated at the moment. I took a couple of hours off and Got the BF out of her Winter Clothes. That made me even MORE upset!!! A friend of mine gave me his dads custom boat cover last year. It was for a bigger boat but I made it work for Mine...I Thought!!! When I took the cover off I discovered quite a mess. The BF was absolutely FILTHY and the Seats have some kind of YELLOW stain on them that so far I've not been able to remove and I've tried ALL the remedies that have ever been posted here on iBoats!!! I gave her a bath and rub down and she looks a lot better but I'm still upset. May have to re upholster the seats. Not that it wouldn't hurt. After inspecting them I've discovered I'm a lot better now than when I started 3 years ago:eek:

Hard to see but she's pretty dirty.

Lots of dirt and leaves got under the cover!!!

Dirt settled in front of the windshield.

Aluminum splashwell caught the brunt of it. Looks like it left a screw in there and it rusted.!!!!!:mad:

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Here she is cleaned up a bit...

You can see where the Bimini tore up the paint during installation last fall. I'm doing to "Glob and Dob" repair that I will wet sand and blend in in a week or so. Sure glad I kept a quart of paint for just such occasions. I tore the Hide Em off the Admirals seat too!!! Have to repair that as well. NOT a good Day!!!

I've got the new Telex steering system for the boat, but haven't put it on yet. The cable steering seems to work just fine but for overall safety I'm gunna switch it out soon.

Drove 35 miles to the lake, and... Both ramps were completely full!!! Since it's the only lake that didn't flood I guess every boater in the area decided to go to Skiatook!!! Next weekend I'm Not even gunna try. I guess I'll have to take off during the week if I want to get on the lake. Oh well I have a LawnMower to work on now so I guess that'll suffice. Maybe some upholstery too!!!!

I hope all the other iBoaters had a better weekend than I did!!!!:lol:

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well does not sound like you had much fun there Wood, I hate it when weekends turn out that way!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey that's what that horn up on the bow is for ! Blast it and let em know your coming through ! :D
Still nice to see the BF all cleaned up and almost ready to roll ! :joyous:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
hey Mike,, All looks great to me. pretty boat she is. Time to make the call to the landscaper. :joyous:

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Looks like you were greeted by a nasty surprise, dontcha hate it when that happens? Reminds me of the time I neglected to vacuum up a bunch of steel wool dust from my floor and it sat for a while under the cover. Rust stains all over the place when I pulled the cover back. Sometimes it seems like it's 1 step forward & 2 steps back! And on top of the mower troubles? Better quit for today and start in again tomorrow. :tape2:

Willyclay

Captain
Us retirees don't have to worry about that "weekend ramp thing". I did a lot of skiing behind a Lone Star 15 glasser when I was a pup. It had a 40HP Johnson and was more than capable of pulling up a slalom skier making a deep-water start. With BF's modified V-hull, your "new" 85HP Johnson ought to provide some excitement for the grandkids. Looking forward to this year's splash. I had to work on my lawn mower today before cutting the grass. Good luck with yours!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Mike, so sorry for the troubles!! I have to say tho, the BF is one pretty girl, even with the scars...I especially like that 85....would like to see her pushing the ol gal soon!!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks Cor!!! I'm really excited about your upcoming splash. Hope I get to come up and participate.
That WAS the only redeeming part of the Weekend. Starting up the 85'!!!! I charged the Battery, MADE SURE I hooked it up correctly, Put the gas tank in, pumped up the bulb till it was tight, Pulled down the choke lever, put the muffs on, turned on the water, Hit the starter and she fired right up. Let her run till she started Peeing and then shut her down. Pretty sure she'll push the old girl just fine. I'm really thinking about taking off next Monday and Tuesday soooo, you May get to see Splash 2015. We shall see.

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Sorry to hear you had a carp weekend Wood, just buy the admiral a goat for the yard and go to the lake!!

lakelover

Rear Admiral
I'm really thinking about taking off next Monday and Tuesday

do it - do it - do it - do it....
devil-5667353%20small.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Happy Independence Day Mike ! Hope you and yours had a wonderful day ! :usa2:

Mud Puppy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Wood! I just love the way your boot looks cleaned up or dirty and I really love the white walls on the trailer too!

They opened up all 12 gates at Bagnell, first time in 3 decades. I don't go there, so big you have to have a cigar boat or small barge and it is so crowded!

Really miss interacting with all of my boating brothern here! I'm still no closer than I ever was with mine!

Rocko!

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
You can hide it at my house...promise I wont use it at all...never....ever....pinky promise....Oh wait...My boss would get the bazooka out to shoot me if another boat showed up here. :laser:Nevermind...sorry!!!

Looks like a nice boat though!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Wood I'll let you drop it at my house until you get your story straight. My Admiral will never notice one more. Besides I'll just tell her I'm holding it for a friend!