1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Thanks Mike. my Dad USS Texas, WW2. To all who serve and have served only my Best!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike, have you gotten the Photobucket shove off email yet?

The edit time window has been removed, and members are encouraged to re-load pix lost to PB discontinuing 3rd party pix hosting.

Sorry for the hassle, use the iboats uploader, if you choose a different 3rd party site, we may end up here again at some point in the future.

Many of the secondary pix posted by others in your topic may never be recovered....

Thanks

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Mike, have you gotten the Photobucket shove off email yet?

The edit time window has been removed, and members are encouraged to re-load pix lost to PB discontinuing 3rd party pix hosting.

Sorry for the hassle, use the iboats uploader, if you choose a different 3rd party site, we may end up here again at some point in the future.

Many of the secondary pix posted by others in your topic may never be recovered....

Thanks

I skipped through this thread, 5 pages at a time, didnt find any of the blocked pix. You got lucky it appears. Hope it holds for you!!

There are many, many threads screwed up, some of the ones lots of folks go to for reference information.

Took me 4 hours to redo my 1900 thread... was only 8 pages.... what a PIA!!! PHBkt can kiss my @#$^&%!

Sorry for my language.

Last edited:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Can you see your own pics on your thread or do you get that speedometer looking thing? I guess what I'm asking is how can you tell if your thread was hit? My pics seem to still be there at least for me to view.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Well hello my brother!
Been getting caught up with some of your goings on over the last couple of years...
I am glad to know about the good things that have happened to you and yours, yet I am sad about the not so good...
Ah well, life is a funny thing that way...always throwing you down so that getting back up feels better every time.
I am super stoked to see that you always bounce back better than before, blessings, my friend.
As you can see, I am just a few hours away from you and if you happen to come my way, you have a wide open invitation, anytime...
And you can bet when I get near your neighborhood, I will definitely drop by.
All the best and I'll see ya around these here parts!
PS- check my updated signature, fart-o-bucket has basically kidnapped our pix and is demanding a $400 a year ransom to be able to use photos on a 3rd party site like this one...
Quite the bummer

John Painter

Cadet
I mixed up 2 cups (1/2 qt) at a time using 1oz of hardener, 1/2 cup of reducer.

One Quart should yield two coats of Paint on a 16 ft hull. If you're painting the Top Cap only, 1 qt. of paint should be all you need. Primer and Color.

Shoot first coat in the morning.
Wait 4-6 hours.
Wet sand with ScotchBrite Pad LIGHTLY to knock down any nubs or bugs.
Dry.
Tack cloth off with 50/50 mix of Mineral Spirits and Acetone.
Dry.
Shoot second Coat.
Let dry over night
Repeat wet sand and Tack cloth
Shoot 3rd and 4th coat if needed.

Wow, wicked good post!

I followed your process on an old Shell Lake Tri-14 I picked up for $75. The boat is no beauty queen, so I'm not going to put much money into it other than for safety but the hull is surprisingly sound (it had been in use up to 2015) so this type of paint option is exactly the right thing. I shot it with my first coat of paint last weekend, roughed it up (though the paint had indeed become hard as diamond) and then the second coat tonight and when my wife pulled into the driveway she said "It actually looks like a new boat what did you do to it?" She's right, its just amazing how good this looks and how hard the paint is once it cures a few days.

Thank you for posting it, never would have done it this way and probably spent way more on paint than on the boat.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the Heads up FF, I've made the updates. Guthrie, OK is Home for now!!! Might change again before long. Admiral is NOT totally happy with the new Digs!!!!:eek: She's house hunting again!!!:lol: I don't think she's gunna be happy till we live Next Door to the Grandkids. Heck we're only 20 min away now and she's not liking the drive!!!!!:facepalm::noidea:

zool

Captain
Thanks for the Heads up FF, I've made the updates. Guthrie, OK is Home for now!!! Might change again before long. Admiral is NOT totally happy with the new Digs!!!!:eek: She's house hunting again!!!:lol: I don't think she's gunna be happy till we live Next Door to the Grandkids. Heck we're only 20 min away now and she's not liking the drive!!!!!:facepalm::noidea:

If you were in Jersey mike, It could take her 20 min to get down the block!:eek:....I wasnt even aware you moved from Broken Arrow.....Hope u got a good workshop in ur new place..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well kinda sad but I?m working from the two car Garage for now This new house needed some updates and I promised her I?d do them first and then build a shop Hopefully next spring I can get started šŸ˜œ

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
With the admiralty restless, you might want to hold off on the new shop. Otherwise you will get it done just in time to move...

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
It's gunna be bizeeee for the next few days so I'm gunna take this opportunity to Wish All the iBoat Members a....

Merry-Christmas_Gif.gif