1970's Cee Bee Avenger

jwm20

Recruit
Hi

I don't know much about the boat, other than it is a cee bee avenger. Before it was decommissioned and replaced with our current boat, it was still in good condition, and running fine.

Anyway, I really hope to do something with it soon, since it's a really neat boat. The boat really draws a lot of attention. I just wanted to share this, and see if anyone can tell me more than I already know. It's really hard to find info about these boats online, and I've never seen another quite like it.

Any advice on general things to watch out for with these kinds of boats, experiences, or any other comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

***Edited on 3/24/10

maxum247

Lieutenant
Re: 1970's Cee Bee Avenger

Click search at top of page and type in Avenger there's some stuff about Avenger boats there in the iboats forum.

Max!

boatflipper

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1970's Cee Bee Avenger

Very nice looking boat! Really nice paint job too!
As for what to expect, here is my two cents worth:
Since it is 30 years old, I would be expecting to do a complete stringer/deck/transom restoration, especially since you mentioned a soft spot in the floor. To see what this involves simply do some searching on here. Nearly every boat on here has gone through that process.

Good Luck!!