Shell Lake Boat Co.

Hey there I-boaters! My name is Travis, and this is my first post. I am currently enrolled in a marine repair program on the shores of Lake Superior. I picked up what I believe to be a 1959, Shell Lake Dart. I don't have any good pictures yet, but I will post in about a week. I am almost done painting her (red, white, and blue). So I am interested in obtaining ALL the information I can about Shell Lake boats. I have found quite a bit on the forums, as well as fiberglassics. My biggest question is "what is MY boat?" The hull id number is 16647. It is registered as a 59, but the previous registration was 60, or 61. Thanks for takin the time to read this post. Any comments outside of this forum can be sent to lilorphananhyzer@gmail.com

73Trihull

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Shell Lake Boat Co.

Welcome to iBoats!
I have a 73 Lund which is actually a Shell Star 16 made by Shell Lake Boats. This is my current project after my Merc 470 died in my 78 Lund Corsair, also a Shell Lake boat. Shell Lake boats are hard to find a good history on. I'd love to take a trip to Shell Lake and visit the library to see what I can find.