1990 SeaSwirl Tempo Gets a New Transom.

oregonboatnewb

Petty Officer 1st Class
So after much debate, I've vetoed the idea of Sea Cast, and am doing it the old fashion way of separating the top half, and replacing it with marine/fibered wood. A friend of mine who owned a marina in camby for 20 years is going to help me with the rest of it (once i get back to cali on tuesday) We are planing on having it done by next friday at the latest.

Reason for Swapping Transom is that i hit a rock at the end of summer... and fractured transom... it probably would have lasted another season, but we use it for pretty much tubing only, and didn't want to risk it.
IMG_7266.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

And so it Begins.
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

oregonboatnewb

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1990 SeaSwirl Tempo Gets a New Transom.

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

I've got no idea how to Take of the steering wheel and hydro cables... I took of the inner nut on the wheel, but it seems to have something else holding it on. Same with Throttle cables / fuel cables. I searched but didn't find a good write up on larger motor specifics for removing everything... anyone know of one.

Also I've got a car motor stand with wheels and all, we are moving the boat up to a huge garage, was wondering whats the best point to lift the motor off.

oregonboatnewb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anyone got removal help b4 we crash the boards on tuesday?

cc190cc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Greetings,

I discontected all of my cables from the console end and then pulled them out under the floor when i took the motor off. There were two screws in throttle control for those cables and a grenade pin to get the cable out of the steering wheel. Yours of course could be different. Fuels lines should have clamps. Also....,you may want to try and keep the position of cables on engine in the same position as i hear it can be a pain to adjust.

Chad

oregonboatnewb

Petty Officer 1st Class

GREAT SUCCESS ! Got the motor totally off. Thanks cc190 it was a great help... i took everything off motor end, the throttle cabes unwound a time or two, but i'll just have to have someone adjust it come summer. Tomorrow we seperate top off from bottom and begin taking out the old transom.
IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg