Line X- Yes Or No To Coat?????

Snookman185

Cadet
I have a '96 17' Lowe Alum. bass boat that I have bought from a friend. I have been in the process of replacing and repair a few items in the boat. The boat is used for both fresh and salt water.. I know there are some of you out there that don't agree with that but I am not in a position to have 2 or more boats and this was a great deal.. but as the age of the boat the carpet is not so good and is in need of being replaced.. I don't like carpet pain to clean and to get the fish guts and hooks out of... I have been researching the possibility of getting the interior coated with Line-X and I didn't know if there was anyone out there that has done this or knows someone that has and can give me some pointers or can let me know about there experiances with this.... I am planning on having it done professionally and by a Line-X company in town.

I want to make sure I am not waisting my money or going to screw up my boat.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Line X- Yes Or No To Coat?????

welcome to iboats..........

Please do not line-x the interior. There are products out there that are cheaper and are made for marine use. Too many horror stories about bedliner and IF you ever have to make a repair you will be screwed. Do a search here in the restoration section about it.

You will find many many many aluminum boat fans here in the restoration section ......... so, you are in good company.

Yup, many of us are anti carpet too!

65Mech

Seaman Apprentice

welcome i suggest cote-l. it comes in smooth and rough and either one is nonskid. they will send you a free sample of the color you are thinking of getting.. prices are 100-150$$ per gallon depending on color.
http://www.nonslipcoating.com/

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Good suggestion others here have used the durabak coatings and they have a specific marine line of products.

Friscoboater

Captain

I put the Durabak in my boat and it looks and feels great.

65Mech

Seaman Apprentice

yeah im on my 3rd boat and have used it on my 2 previous boats. depending on the color you want you might have to get creative. i hate pure white for the inside of a boat(Florida sun makes the white even brighter) and the baby blue was just a bit too blue for my taste. so i messed around mixing the two till i got the color i wanted. a litte bit more money doing it that way but i ordered a gal of smooth white and rough baby blue. came out quite nice. wish i had pics, didnt know about this site till i was starting my 3rd. best of luck

bankfisher

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My neighbor re-did his boat last summer and coated the top with line-X. He is very happy with it. It seems very tough and durable. It is a glass boat (procraft). I will say that it cam out very nice, but with many options out there time will tell as to how it holds up. Also, it was pretty pricey $1600 - $1800 for a 18' boat. Not sure how it would hold up on aluminium with the flexing and so forth.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

there is also Grizzly Grip that is very good.

Snookman185

Cadet

Thanks for all of yalls input.. I think I am going to go with the icote product.... I think I have found the color and then texture that I am going to be going with..... This will be a project that I am going to be working on for a month or so I am planning on putting in lights in my livewells and through out a few of my storage boxes, I am also planning on replacing the seats and a few more little things...