• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filling the gap between plywood floor??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling the gap between plywood floor??

Ok guys, What is the best way to fill the gap between the plywood floor pieces I will be putting in soon?? I think Systems West has a crack filler?? What about gluvit as I just was reading this?? Any other ideas??

Gluvit Epoxy Water Sealer brushes away leaks, seeks out and fills and seals leaks throughout boats and homes. Gluvit is a paintable waterproof epoxy sealer that seeks, fills, and seals cracks in wood, fiberglass, and metal.

Re: Filling the gap between plywood floor??

I cut my floor so I just put cloth strips over the seems and glassed in the whole deck. If you have larger cracks I would use peanut butter or long strand fiberglass filler.
    sigpic
    Buy American

1993 Ford Thunderbird rebuild
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3351730

1990 Larson All American 150
    http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=358025

If its worth doing, it's worth doing right

Comment

Re: Filling the gap between plywood floor??

I used a little bit of Epoxy with 'cabosil' filler added to it- The seams weren't that wide, so it probably didn't NEED it- But I did it anyway!

All my seams ended up on frames, so they had backing under them. Of course, it's all glassed over, too...

-Andrew

Comment

Working...
      X