1961 Crosby Runabout

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Re: 1961 Crosby Runabout

Great find & good job, I love those old small glass runabouts.

I put in a painted floor this summer and fell in love with this stuff:

antislip2.jpg

It's less than 10 bucks a can.

Comoxsam

Seaman Apprentice

I would Paint the Floor Black, lay a Slatted Mahogany Wood deck, with three coats of Epoxy resin, sprinkle some sand on the last coad for a non skid finish and finish the interior sides in Mahogany plywood. .

I was going to do this in one of my boats but a friend warned me against it. I guess in his boat he is forever dropping things between the slats and it's annoying as hell fishing stuff out.

i386

Captain

Nice boat. My Sled is almost finished.

Do you happen to know where yours was made? I'm thinking they may be made by to different companies with coincidentally the same name. Maybe not though, it's just a hunch.

61crosby

Cadet

Nice boat. My Sled is almost finished.

Do you happen to know where yours was made? I'm thinking they may be made by to different companies with coincidentally the same name. Maybe not though, it's just a hunch.

I believe they were made by two different companies using the same name. Apparently, the company that made the model I have was sold to another company which then sold the crosby name to yet another company who manufactured the sleds. This site provides info about it if you are interested: http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Crosby

i386

Captain

I believe they were made by two different companies using the same name. Apparently, the company that made the model I have was sold to another company which then sold the crosby name to yet another company who manufactured the sleds. This site provides info about it if you are interested: http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Crosby

Hey thanks. Looks like Fiberglassics has added some new info since last time I was there.

dannieboiz

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow good job on the boat, 2 years working on the boats between work and school is some dedication. I'm sure the old owner will be proud of you as well.