Calling all ORLANDO CLIPPER Owners(aluminum hull)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an Orlando Clipper enthusiast and am looking to start a thread to see what everyone else has. I am currently restoring my 2nd Clipper. My first boat was a 1956 12' Orlando clipper. Now I am working on a 1961 16' Clipper with a 1962 Merc 700 on the back. I will post pictures as soon as I get it figured out!!!! Just wanted to see if there were any other Orlando Clipper (aluminum hull) owners around Central Florida too... Take care

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Calling all ORLANDO CLIPPER Owners(aluminum hull)

Tmartin I dont know how many Clipper owners you will find but theres a pile of us Starcrafters around here and most of us have Tincans :D. Theres even a few of us down there in Floriduh :D. I grew up down there in Tampa dont miss it myself :D.

Rick

bryanwess2000

Petty Officer 1st Class

My grandfather owned one before my time and said they are tough boats.
I own a sylvan aluminum myself. The few times I see clippers for sale, the
owners seem to think they're selling a precious gem and quote so and so
blah blah blah sold for x thousands of dollars for a restored one. So I don't bother inquiring about them anymore. There are plenty of other manufacturers
that make solid aluminum boats that aren't hyped with owners that are tuned in to reality. Good luck with your restore and I'm not saying all owners are like what I described it's just been my experience.

Rick, your Starcraft is beautiful!!! Where and wen is the next Tinny Meet? I live Just north of Orlando, and if it s not too far, I will trailer it! My boat looks very similar to yours... I am still trying to figure out how to post them! Yeah and about people trying to get rich off of restoring orlando clippers.... I think its a pride thing, same as Starcraft, Chriscraft, or even Feathercraft. Oh well, Im not selling this one!!! This one's for the kids when I cant get in and drive anymore!

WoodMister

Recruit

Hello,
I own a Orlando Clipper. Not sure what year it is. My Father passed it on to me.
I'm in search of the original bottom boat Plug for it.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can purchase plug or have one made?

61tinnclipper

Recruit

i am working on a 61 16' close bow tinny im trying to find what the boat was rated for hp and total weight?

grassgd

Cadet

I have 16 foot all aluminium Orlando Clipper reported to be 1959. It has an unique deck which resembles the old Chris Craft runabouts with the built in rear seat separated from engine area by the deck. Appears to have had a curved windshield which is missing. Boat has a 1961 Scott 40 hp engine which runs very good. I occasionally search the internet trying to find another Clipper with same deck arrangement but have never see another one like it. Original placard in boat states rated for 40 hp.

frankzz

Recruit

I just bought a 1958 Orlando 15'. I guess it's a Clipper. My research hasn't brought up any other models. The title just says Orlando and hull id 5456L. It's missing the windshield. If anyone has any info on replacing the windshield, I'd appreciate it. It has an old 25hp montgomery ward engine on it. I learned it was manufactured by Gale Products and is likely a 1956. Looks like a cool old boat and I'm looking forward to repairing the steering cable and getting it in the water. Any ideas on getting the replacement steering cable system? Orlando Clipper 1958 (2) (640x480).jpg

orlandoclippertim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Tmartin:
I have one just the same (i think) like coolguys boat. 4 seat -mini deck in back. Under restoration now! I am about 4 miles north-east of the jetport. Love to see your projects. Mine is a 1956 - has windshield but I need to make a new one. Alo have a 1960 lonestar malabu beside it also getting restored. If I make a rig to make windshields - how many of us need one ????????
How come no OC club ??????? we need one !
Tim in orlando

yooper jim

Cadet

I recently purchased a 14' Orlando clipper and am trying to find out more info on the particular year and model. The registration only says Orlando and the stamped number on the back of the transom is 48-14-1370. Any help with this would be much appreciated. I love the quality and construction of this boat and can't wait till this winter to fix it up a little.
Thank you
jim

Attachments

• 100_3623.jpg
    100_3623.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_3624.jpg
    100_3624.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_3622.jpg
    100_3622.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

supagidget

Seaman Apprentice

Does anyone know where to get a really good image or replica of the Orlando Clipper logo that was oval shaped and adhered to the back gunnel of the aluminium boats? I would love to put the logo back on my 1965 16 foot Orlando Clipper.

Thank you.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Tmartin:
I have one just the same (i think) like coolguys boat. 4 seat -mini deck in back. Under restoration now! I am about 4 miles north-east of the jetport. Love to see your projects. Mine is a 1956 - has windshield but I need to make a new one. Alo have a 1960 lonestar malabu beside it also getting restored. If I make a rig to make windshields - how many of us need one ????????
How come no OC club ??????? we need one !
Tim in orlando

I need one for my 61 Lone Star Fleetwood Sport, I havent started the glass work (sorry tin guys) yet so I wont need the wind sheild for another ummmm long time!!

yooper jim

Cadet

I found a site that carries the stickers for the orlando clipper. It is bigdsigns.com look under boats and outboard decals-vintage boat decals-orlando clipper-orlando clipper decal set 01. They run $30.00 and he wil make them in any size needed. Hope this helps.

supagidget

Seaman Apprentice

Thank you. I will check them out.

zip34788

Seaman

I recently acquired a 12' 3" Orlando Clippe runabout. I'm anxiously waithing to complete the restoration project and put it in the water.

Colorado4Wheeler

Seaman Apprentice
This is a pretty old thread that keeps getting revived, but I recently acquired a 1962 Orland Clipper Zephyr runabout with at 62 Merc 700 70HP on it. It's been fun working to get it restored to it's original condition, although I'm adding in hidden conveniences that weren't even though of back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.