Building a Bench Seat???

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok so i dont like the two seat setup of my boat so i was thinking bout closing off the two sections where the seats go & installing a custom bench seat in front of that. Im open for ideas on ways to accomplish this & suggestions on what materials to use. Included is a pic of the boat as it is right now so guys go crazy with this one cause im just kind of brain storming.

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Building a Bench Seat???

Just frame in out of 1/2" ply, add foam and maine vinyl.

http://www.sailrite.com/

I'm actually doing the opposite and going with two seats instead of one.

The bench gets in the way of the ski pylon and who wants to ride with a pole and braces next to your head.

I bought this bench for the front seat in my boat you might want to look at them and then just frame a base for it with storage.

SSPX0194-1.jpg

dorelse

Chief Petty Officer

Have you seen mine? I did something very similar in my boat rebuild. Follow the link in my sig for the 1986 Bayliner Capri 1600. Lots of pictures, and I have tons more if you need them.

P6130103.JPG

Here's a youtube video of how it all works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCT5gR9EQ9Q

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Have you seen mine? I did something very similar in my boat rebuild. Follow the link in my sig for the 1986 Bayliner Capri 1600. Lots of pictures, and I have tons more if you need them.

P6130103.JPG

Here's a youtube video of how it all works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCT5gR9EQ9Q

nice job in the video!,...one question,...what is the purpose of the carpeted board over the top of the outboard ?

dorelse

Chief Petty Officer

nice job in the video!,...one question,...what is the purpose of the carpeted board over the top of the outboard ?

Ah...that little section allows the outboard to tilt up for trailering, while allowing for a sundeck for my wife to lay out on when the engine is in the water.

P6150101.JPG

P6130094.JPG

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

Ah...that little section allows the outboard to tilt up for trailering, while allowing for a sundeck for my wife to lay out on when the engine is in the water.

cool idea ! thanks for the reply ,and again, nice job!

ugadawg187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The splash guard in front of the transom I guess thats what it is, can that be cut & made more compact & still be ok? I dont want to have to put the bench in front of it but rather where the seats are now so that would have to be cut out & re glassed.