1973 SRV 220 OV Resto

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Yeah, i've been away for awhile....work full time, college full time (42 yr/old college freshman) , family full time......

what has got you traveling out this way??

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Welcome Back!!! Hope we get to see more of your outstanding upholstery skills!!!:D;)

jbcurt00

Staff member
My parents still live in Louisville. 2 deaths in my wife's family and the flu/crud kept us from going to see them around Thanksgiving or Christmas or my dad's b-day in early Jan.

So Christmas in Feb ;) Only be there Fri just before dinner thru 8a Sun, but it's been a while since I was in Louisville. If not now, it'd be mid-June before I could go again.

Maybe get together in June when I'm there. Be there a week.

Yep, I'm enrolled in an online course, and don't have kids. Still a challenge to find the time..........

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm only taking one course this summer, so that should give me some free time to work on the big old banana. Of course, SWMBO is talkiig about expanding the deck on our house and adding a hot tub, so that will kill a weekend or two over the summer

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
It's amazing what the cat drags in sometimes!!!:eek::D;) Just remember without pics...It NEVER happened!!!!

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well, I did manage to give the banana a well needed bath...well, almost finished giving her a bath...

plan to start on some more cutting, still have some wood remnants in there.
The cap has developed a few stress cracks in it, probably from the missing infrastructure. Will address those after the interior is done.

Have also decided to switch her over to a chevy powerplant, instead of Ford, unless I can come across a good deal on a 351w. Still have my Ford cast iron timing cover and a NOS set of center riser Barr Marine style exhaust manifolds.

We'll just have to see...

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd see if $500 bucks would bring it home!!!! And then Part it out and sell the Trailer. You might end up getting back your money + some!!!;)

Last edited:

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
H'mmm :cool: an 82 wonder what size and type of fuel tank it has??? :confused: And a upgrade, you shouldn't show other Louisvillens what your thinking :rolleyes: Maybe I could use the upgrade :D

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If i brought that home, my next post on here would be my funeral arrangements

52FordF2

Petty Officer 1st Class
I may check it out. Why is it that when I shell out money for other things another one comes along. Just placed an order for more resin and replacement switches. May need to scrape some more from the bottom of the barrel.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
well, it's been awhile (starting to sound like broken record). Last summer got tied up with a little deck expansion on the house...
deck1_zpssr5seaqu.jpg

well...maybe not so little...

didn't get much done in the fall due to kid's volleyball schedules....and then an unexpected spinal surgery (had to get discs c3-c7 removed and fused the vertebrae)..still in physical therapy and recovering...but able to get some things done in the yard to resurrect the old banana...
boat1_zpss48axk7p.jpg

Not taking any summer classes this year....so...we should see some progress on the banana

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Rest up and do what the docs and Admiral tell you to.

Welcome back

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well...the hull is getting cut up this week and off to a shredder....too many other projects, not enough time. Will be flooding ebay with a ton of parts soon. Had high hopes for this old girl, but I can't even climb up into her anymore.

Already looking at another, smaller, boat...that won't need a complete restoration.

sheboyganjohn

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Sorry to hear about that, but I know the feeling. Had to junk the hull of the dory I built because I had too many projects. I also understand the back thing. I went through back surgery almost a year ago, but I was lucky, it was only removing some loose parts of a herniated disc, so I am almost as good as new, or at least better then I have been in about 10 years. Let us know when you find your next project boat.