Buff Magic

MTribe08

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello, I've got a 95 Monterey with some "slightly" faded/oxidized areas in the maroon GelCoat. Just doesn't quite have that sharp mirror like finish that I'd like to have. I'm wondering if this product might be good for my situation, and then follow over it with a Marine Polish? I've tried using a few compounds and rubbing by hand without the success I want, I'm thinking a 1000-2500rpm polisher would make a big difference.
Thanks for the help.

eastont

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Buff Magic

I'ts odd that with all the comments around here about gel coat and such, somebody would have chirped in and answered your question.
I have just heard of this product and would like to know some feedback also.
Guess I'll go elsewhere

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I have read everthing having to do with restoring the shine and the cheapest and most affective thing I have found to do is use scotch brite and comet 1st(keep it wet), rubbing compound 2nd,polishing compound 3rd and my own twist to Mark42's process was to use a product called Maltcos cutting cream with a harbor frieght $29.00 buffer and my gel coat went from sh-t to shinolla after 5 hours and it's lasting. That cutting cream really did the trick it even cleaned up the decals without scrating them. But to answer your ? That buff magic has allot of fans just depends on haw far you want to take it I spent $40.00 including the buffer.

brezmer

Cadet

i personaly used every 3M product know to man and had no luck with my boat(it was about to go back u for sale) i called a freind of mine the owns Flynn's Detailing products and he had the solution for me. i used his "big bite" compund with a high speed buffer (product must be kept wet when using, also note... IT will make a mess if you dont cover interior however cleans up very easy) and was done with whole boat in just over 4 hours. i also picked up his finishing compund and boat looks like a champ. here are some before and after picture. notice above the rub rail...

http://www.flynndist.com/

DSC01176.jpg

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01185.jpg

brezmer

Cadet

in the last picture the bat does look blue above the rub rails however it is black, just a reflection from the sky:D