1968 12' foot Mirrocraft aluminum boat mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1968 12' foot Mirrocraft aluminum boat mod

Nice job! I have been pondering doing something similar to my 1965 14' SeaKing. You've inspired me to start the job this wednesday.

Barch19

Recruit

Looks great. I own a 14' Starcraft deep V wi the bench seats. I have been looking for ideas for a casting platform and you have answered my prayers. I am pretty handy with woodworking and think I can pull it off. I also know a few carpenters that will help if needed. I was wondering if you experienced any structural issues with the stern, considering the bench seats provides a lot of support for the sides of the boat. Did you end up securing the platforms because of noise? My wife just laughed at me when I showed her. She was happy that she would have storage in the new bench. That made me laugh. Getting ready to start cutting already.

Arch

radgumbo

Seaman Apprentice

Hi...I'm doing a modification on a 1960's 14' (Montgomery Wards) Sea King. I really like what you've done and like yours, my boat is tippy. Whats the weight capacity of your boat. My USCG plate is missing and I'm unsure of my weight restrictions. I have 4 bench seats and want to loose the one in front of the tiller bench but I've been told not to do it as it will weaken the structural integrity...I'm not convinced and I'm trying to find out if I can do it safely. I'll keep checking on your progress and if you get a chance stop by my posts and tell me what you think. Good luck and keep up the good work.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Closed

its been 9yrs since FZ started this topic, 8yrs since he's been on iboats, not likely to get or reply to your foam question.....

millcitystick start a topic about your mirrocraft/boat if you have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.