1968 Holiday Restoration w/pics

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1968 Holiday Restoration w/pics

Ah Azlo - The missing pieces are starting to fall into place. That's gonna look nice finished. I'm right with Jason on the relief - good little feature.

Triton II

Commander

Hi Az, I'm with Jas and GA_B, that's a great idea to angle in the front lower edge of the doghouse. She's getting better every day! :)

TII

Azlo

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I like that toe kick/relief on the bottom front side Azlo. I think that will be a nice feature, well worth the time to put in:)

Ah Azlo - The missing pieces are starting to fall into place. That's gonna look nice finished. I'm right with Jason on the relief - good little feature.

Hi Az, I'm with Jas and GA_B, that's a great idea to angle in the front lower edge of the doghouse. She's getting better every day! :)

TII

You know I did it for good looks I didn't know it was a toe relief till now. Maybe I shouldn't of said that.:)

Azlo

OMG, Azlos got a tig welder!!

MAH012842.jpg

Stay tuned for progress.

Trooper82

Commander

You know I did it for good looks I didn't know it was a toe relief till now. Maybe I shouldn't of said that.:)

You know that is going to make it's way into other builds...I say you planned it all along :)

Looks good Azlo!

sprintst

Commander

Nice tig setup. Want to build my dash from pics off the back of a napkin :)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

The "splash" vid was fun to watch, thanks...

Nice score on the TIG welder...ought to be fun coming up with neat projects to use it on...just don't go rebuilding the original prop, I think it might make a better paperweight...:p

Engine cover looks good, especially the well thought out and properly planned design element of incorporating a good looking and functional 'toe-kick'...:rolleyes:

Happy welding and boating:D

Azlo

You know that is going to make it's way into other builds...I say you planned it all along :)

Looks good Azlo!

Planning is of my least attributes, now daydreaming im a master at it.

Nice tig setup. Want to build my dash from pics off the back of a napkin :)

Yeah!! thats what im talking about. Thats how great ideas start!! U know NASA could learn a few things from us.

The "splash" vid was fun to watch, thanks...

Nice score on the TIG welder...ought to be fun coming up with neat projects to use it on...just don't go rebuilding the original prop, I think it might make a better paperweight...:p

Engine cover looks good, especially the well thought out and properly planned design element of incorporating a good looking and functional 'toe-kick'...:rolleyes:

Happy welding and boating:D

Hmmm rebuilding a prop u say? Like bud Light says "here we go".

Azlo

+
Having a great weekend fellas, after learning to tig all week decided to go fishing for the first time in my tin. Went in the morning and I couldnt believe we were catching them from left to right!!!

one time
MAH012971.jpg

2 time
MAH012961.jpg

3 time
MAH012951.jpg

4time
MAH012941.jpg

5time
MAH012931.jpg

No big fish but man we never has so much luck.
I think it was my baby
MAH013001.jpg

Beautiful weekend , happy fourth.

GA_Boater

Ah - The Starcraft Texas Fish Finder works well, I see. A good day on the water, Azlo. :D.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Form & function are a wonderful union:)

Catching is way better then fishing.... No matter the catch!

Azlo

Ah - The Starcraft Texas Fish Finder works well, I see. A good day on the water, Azlo. :D.

Fish finder u say? hehehe I dont know. But what u said,,( A good day on the water, Azlo. ) is exactly what happened. I wish that upon every starcraft journey here!

Form & function are a wonderful union:)

Catching is way better then fishing.... No matter the catch!

Oh man that's exactly my thoughts! I know the pros are nodding their heads, but for us amateurs,,,,they know whats up.;)

Azlo

something I realised in this trip is that I need several things. 1st, I need a top. man that sun is killer when u dont have anything. 2nd, I need a livewell. 3rd, I need a swim platform. And finally a fan, man it was hot!

sprintst

Commander

I agree on all three and confirmed by my sons. They slept under the bow to get out of the sun. I'd stay out for a week at a time with a top :)

something I realised in this trip is that I need several things. 1st, I need a top. man that sun is killer when u dont have anything. 2nd, I need a livewell. 3rd, I need a swim platform. And finally a fan, man it was hot!

64osby

Admiral

Azlo, She's beautiful, great job. Nice vid and catching fish too. Awesome.

GA_Boater

I think a bimini and swim platform for sure. I never boated in Texas without shade, couldn't take that mean old Sun.

BonairII

Commander

1st, I need a top. man that sun is killer

Putting a bimini on my boat was one of the best things I've done. Sitting in the shade(after hours of fishing) is priceless.

GA_Boater

Please home-boy, don't post in old threads to "tag" them. Save them as favorites/bookmarks if you want to keep a reference. Azlo finished this one over two years ago. Thanks.