Boat maker lettering fonts

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander
This thread contains a listing of all known manufacturer logo and text fonts for those who with to print their own vinyl lettering replacements (eg: to replace after painting)

BAYLINER
Font: Phuture Rnd Clsd-Plain (T-26 Phuture Round)
Match: Very Close

Why does this thread exist?
I started this thread in hopes to create a list of exact or close-enough fonts used on boats, motors and just about anything which requires painting or has a sticker. This way we don't have to buy factory stickers and can change, rearrange or even mock the factory look to our liking.

How can I help?
Post replies with details of a logo or sticker with the matching font. Please specify if the font is a close-enough match or an exact match.

I have tons of spare time, how can I help?
Take a picture of logo or manufacturer text and upload it to http://www.myfonts.com and post any close-enough or exact matches to the font for inclusion in this list. To aid in the myfonts detection, you can also do image searches on google images to find an already existing photo. Manufacturer websites are also a good place to find a logo image.

I'll try to keep this 1st post updated via the replies.

Example font posting:
'BAYLINER' text on side of Bayliner Capri
Font: Phuture Rnd Clsd-Plain (T-26 Phuture Round)
Match: Very Close

ftl900

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Boat maker lettering fonts

I don't know so much with boats, but I know most companies use a proprietary font... something they have purchased and tweaked to make it their own.

Still, there may be available fonts that are very close, or close enough that the casual observer would not be able to tell the difference.

I guess it's all about what you want, and what you're willing to pay for it.

allpoints360

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just went through this in working through a restore. Send a photo or scan of your lettering to Myfonts.com and it can be matched. All fonts have a name.

It will tell you the font you have. You may have to purchase the font to reproduce it.

Good luck.

ftl900

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OK, I went thru it all at myfonts.com and didn't get anything close. I'm trying to match the IMPERIAL boat font seen here on my hull. I'm gonna TRY a heatgun on it but don't expect much success- the boat is a 1988. Ideally, I'd like to put a matching name right over the old one to cover it.

Attachments

• boat font.png
    boat font.png
    74 KB · Views: 0