Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

• Total voters

bigdil

Cadet
Re: Tri-Hull Club...Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm looking for a bimini for mine but I hate ordering online not knowing if it will really fit or not, and if I need additional poles/supports/etc.

dil

Well, here's mine. She's not pretty, she's got rot, a lot of people on this site have said I shouldn't go through with a resto, because of the cracked OMC 140 block and exhaust manifold. The more I've stewed about this, the more my stubbornness is kicking in, giving me the resolve to see this resto through. I'll take all of the help/suggestions I can get.

starleen2

Cadet

I'm In!
Here's my 1973 TriSonic with mercruiser 888 (currently under restoration)

attachment.php

tallcanadian

Captain

Well, here's mine. She's not pretty, she's got rot, a lot of people on this site have said I shouldn't go through with a resto, because of the cracked OMC 140 block and exhaust manifold. The more I've stewed about this, the more my stubbornness is kicking in, giving me the resolve to see this resto through. I'll take all of the help/suggestions I can get.

This is a great looking boat. Would it be that hard to find a block?

STINEY

Recruit

stiney,
welcome aboard :) looks like quite the project,
the right front tire looks a little low on air :)

ken

Two new tires, check. Already done......... now to decide the fate of the rest of it. Scrap, rehome, or add to the list of projects that will never get done, lol.

You really like it TallCanadian? We can work something out!

TKrause

Seaman Apprentice

Here ya go dil, some closer shots that you wanted to see.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Obviously the interior has been changed over the years but it's going to work out great for family cruising and for perch and walleye fishing on Lk. St. Clair.

This is a great looking boat. Would it be that hard to find a block?

Actually, it isn't hard at all, you just have to do the research. I found out very quickly, though, that OMC is a pariah and not the preferred engine/outdrive of choice.

bigdil

Cadet

Yeah, thanks for the pics, that is a very nice boat! I am very curious about the those 'insert sections' on the bow, what they could be used for. I'm always thinking of how to use space :)

Looking at those pics again and considering the size, you could use that as a pontoon/party boat and a fishing/fun boat.....dang, very nice.

dil

tallcanadian

Captain

Two new tires, check. Already done......... now to decide the fate of the rest of it. Scrap, rehome, or add to the list of projects that will never get done, lol.

You really like it TallCanadian? We can work something out!

It truly is a nice boat and worth rebuilding. Then you would have a new one built by you, the way you want it...lol

bigdil

Cadet

Ok, I'm heading back out to work on mine, I was planning on putting an air horn on top of my bow light but found out the whole bow (from what I could tell) was filled with spray foam, so I can't easily add wire. I just received a very nice rail mount adapter, drilled holes I needed, and will run wires through the rail for the horn. Also installed some rod holders which maybe you can school me on. I installed 4, in various locations and a couple of them felt like the fiberglass was very thin, to the point if a big fish was hooked, I'm worried it may rip out the fiberglass/rod holder. I'm heading out early tomorrow morning, so we shall see :)

dil

fstorm08

Senior Chief Petty Officer

She's awesome. Very little beach wear on the bow too. Sweet.

TC... be sure to get plenty of video and pics when you get her out on the water so we can all she her in the water and underway :D:)

bigdil

Cadet

It truly is a nice boat and worth rebuilding. Then you would have a new one built by you, the way you want it...lol

Much better than a brand new boat that you spent a lot of money on, and want to change some things to fit your desires.

dil

tallcanadian

Captain

TC... be sure to get plenty of video and pics when you get her out on the water so we can all she her in the water and underway :D:)

I intend on that. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get on the water, but I can't wait. I should have taken pictures of the motor with the cover off. It looks like it just came out of the factory. Very clean...

TKrause

Seaman Apprentice

Yeah, thanks for the pics, that is a very nice boat! I am very curious about the those 'insert sections' on the bow, what they could be used for. I'm always thinking of how to use space :)

Looking at those pics again and considering the size, you could use that as a pontoon/party boat and a fishing/fun boat.....dang, very nice.

dil

Np bigdil, The inserts on the front are actually steps for boarding the boat. There are teak strips on there also. The type of boat it is was designed to be a cruiser / party barge, with them changing the interior layout it also doubles now as the perfect fishing platform also. Oh, and by the way it also has an on board insulated cooler under one of the bow seats!!!!

pictishusa

Cadet

what year and model is your glasstron jon, i just picked a 65 up looks very similar except mine hass grab rails fron stern on gunwhale and of course yours is a thousand times nicer.

bigdil

Cadet

photo (3).jpg

So, I'm thinking of a bimini for my boat. She is only 15' long x 5'5" wide (5'7" at the center). Most of the biminis I can find online at 6' long which wouldn't cover much of the boat. I'm thinking of maybe a 12' long bimini but can't find anything that long that is narrow enough. Thoughts? Any sources that can custom make one? I found 6' for $200 and 8' for $400 and think that's a pretty ridiculous price jump for just two extra feet. I'm even considering getting the 6' and making my own 3' extra on each end. I appreciate all input!

dil

dOb

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nobody?

dil

I have a 15 tri-hull. I went with a 6 ft. Bimini cover. You have to consider where all of the poles and cover are going to be when it's folded up. Mine is mounted on sliding rails on either side. But even with that, I had to move the sliders up about a foot so that the bimini would rest in front of the motor when it wasn't in use. When in use, I open it up and slide it back. It gives plenty of shade, but it doesn't cover the bow seating. I'm pretty happy with it. It seems like a twelve foot bimini would be a lot of frame and canvas.

Big Daddy10

Cadet

Looks like it is about time to start this again. I'm in with my newly aquired 1976 Fabuglas Tri-160 w/85HP Mercury.