Sea Hunt Triton 172 - Rub Rail - Help!

Boatandfish

Cadet
I discovered iboats.com pretty recently and really appreciate the wealth of information and knowledge of the members and the website. I purchased a 2001 Sea Hunt Triton 172 and a section of thr rubrail, appoximately two feet long is pretty badly damaged and the rest is in excellent condition. I am looking to replace the damaged section. After several hours searching on the internet (including iboats rub rail data) I am pretty confident that the rub rail is a Taco Model #V21-9678. The rub rail on my boat is a dark (navy blue) color. After alot of searching, it appears that the only "stock" colors for #V21-9679, are black and white although I could be wrong.

On that note I'm looking for some help. I am trying to locate either: a section of this rub rail from old stock, a piece that someone might have left over after replacing their rubrail, or a piece (in decent shape) that was removed for replacement. I'm not looking for a freebie and am willing to pay to make it worth your time and effort. All other leads or information is appreciated. On a side note, I sent a letter to the boat manufacturer about two months ago and haven't received a response.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
Re: Sea Hunt Triton 172 - Rub Rail - Help!

Welcome to Iboats BoatandFish..

just have to say.. 2 months ago.. no response ??

Id be calling them up every day..emails..etc..

get in touch with them ( nicely at first ) and ask where there distributors are. somebody has to have something from warranty or something..

YD.

Boatandfish

Cadet

Thanks for the reply Yacht Dr., I've seen some of your projects and all I can say is Wow!. After trying to send some questions through the manufacturers email, It became apparent that their email was not working. This became more apparent when their email contact info. was removed from the website. Because of this, I sent a hard copy (letter) to them asking for the specific model number of the rub rail with attempt to find it locally. With no response, I checked various manufacturers and to the best of my ability, I believe that I located the correct manufacturer and model number.

You are right Yacht Dr. I should call them. I figured that the dealers are in the business of selling boats and didn't know if they carried replacement parts like this

Thanks, Boatandfish

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

There might be an alternative.

Can you match the rubrail and not the color? Some plastics can be dyed or painted if all else fails.