• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i use the great stuff expanding foam from home depot?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use the great stuff expanding foam from home depot?

can i use the great stuff expanding foam from home depot for under the floor of my boat that i just replaced. the can said that it is water resistence

Re: can i use the great stuff expanding foam from home depot?

Its not the best choice if it will come in contact with water. I would use it above the deck, like foaming the underside of gunnels and places like that where pouring foam is imposable. Plus there is only a square foot or so of foam in one of those cans, so its pretty expensive stuff.

If you want to foam below deck, I strongly suggest using the marine flotation foam. Second choice is the rigid pink foam boards cut to fit the spaces. If you want to glue the foam boards together to make larger blocks to carve, use Gorilla glue.
    sigpic 1985 Bayliner 1600 Capri Cuddy, 1965 MFG Niagara Custom. >> MFG Video<<. >> MFG Project<< >>Bayliner Hard Top Project<< >>Bayliner Repower Project<<

Comment

Re: can i use the great stuff expanding foam from home depot?

no.

Not a marine type foam.
      This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
      Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

Working...
      X