• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

carpet adhesive on treated lumber

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet adhesive on treated lumber

I'm looking for a recomendation on what type of adhesive to use on treated lumber. Most I've seen (Henry's, Roberts) say not to use on treated lumbeer.
    Suggestions?

Re: carpet adhesive on treated lumber

Hello Russ..

not only the ply compatible glue..but what does your carpet suggest. ?

Most backed carpets I would suggest Dap Contact cement ( troweled ). some are too thin and use a spray glue ( like 3m trim adhesive in a spray ).

NO MATTER what you use.. Dont be alone ..and wear a respo.

last thing you need is to be overcome with fumes..bad bad stuff here....make you feel your hair grow ...

YD. ... be safe m8 ( fume glues are nothing to mess with ! )
    Iboats Helper

Comment

I got mine at Lowe's. Outdoor carpet cement. Black can. I can't recall the name. If the wood is really wet it will take a long time to dry.

and yeah, a good whiff and you'll have a headache for days.
      There are three types of people in this world:
      Those who understand math and those who don't.

Comment

I got mine at Lowes also. Mine was in a white gallon bucket. I used it on PT plywood that was still wet. Took a while to dry. Once it dries it holds very well. I used it on a small section of flooring in my boat. It was a quick fix using cheap carpet last summer. I decided to fix it right this spring. Had to use a grinding wheel to get the carpet off.

Comment

I build pontoon boats and we use sommething that looks and smells just like Elmers glue, it comes in a giant cube probably 80-100 gallons so I don't know a brand name but you can glue treated wood.

I have used the trowel on outdoor carpet glue from Lowes/Menards on marine ply and it worked really well.

What is up with all the Indiana boaters on here all of a sudden, never noticed alot of Hoosiers before.
          GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X