• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

carpet adhesive on treated lumber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet adhesive on treated lumber

I'm looking for a recomendation on what type of adhesive to use on treated lumber. Most I've seen (Henry's, Roberts) say not to use on treated lumbeer.
    Suggestions?

Re: carpet adhesive on treated lumber

Hello Russ..

not only the ply compatible glue..but what does your carpet suggest. ?

Most backed carpets I would suggest Dap Contact cement ( troweled ). some are too thin and use a spray glue ( like 3m trim adhesive in a spray ).

NO MATTER what you use.. Dont be alone ..and wear a respo.

last thing you need is to be overcome with fumes..bad bad stuff here....make you feel your hair grow ...

YD. ... be safe m8 ( fume glues are nothing to mess with ! )
    Iboats Helper

Comment

I got mine at Lowe's. Outdoor carpet cement. Black can. I can't recall the name. If the wood is really wet it will take a long time to dry.

and yeah, a good whiff and you'll have a headache for days.
      There are three types of people in this world:
      Those who understand math and those who don't.

Comment

I got mine at Lowes also. Mine was in a white gallon bucket. I used it on PT plywood that was still wet. Took a while to dry. Once it dries it holds very well. I used it on a small section of flooring in my boat. It was a quick fix using cheap carpet last summer. I decided to fix it right this spring. Had to use a grinding wheel to get the carpet off.

Comment

I build pontoon boats and we use sommething that looks and smells just like Elmers glue, it comes in a giant cube probably 80-100 gallons so I don't know a brand name but you can glue treated wood.

I have used the trowel on outdoor carpet glue from Lowes/Menards on marine ply and it worked really well.

What is up with all the Indiana boaters on here all of a sudden, never noticed alot of Hoosiers before.
          GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X