Free Salvage Boats in Upstate NY

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class
The topic comes up once and a while - where do I find a cheap/free hull to restore?

I have been advertising for free/cheap boats here in Upstate NY and have more leads than I could ever handle, many of them completely free hulls. Let me know if you would like me to forward any of the pics/emails. If I took all these I would be divorced.

Frosty77

Recruit
Re: Free Salvage Boats in Upstate NY

The topic comes up once and a while - where do I find a cheap/free hull to restore?

I have been advertising for free/cheap boats here in Upstate NY and have more leads than I could ever handle, many of them completely free hulls. Let me know if you would like me to forward any of the pics/emails. If I took all these I would be divorced.

I live just over the boarder in Canada and am looking for a medium size boat for the lake up here. What boats are around you that need some work but are free/cheap. Thanks

NickyBFWB

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hmm where is upstate NY for you? I am originally from Upstate New York is all. A little place called Moira near Massena.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

That almost looks to good to be true

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Ain't nothing free about a boat... ;-0

That said, I agree on the take-it-away nature of a lot of boats up here. Gotten a few myself. Given a few away, too. If you really want a project boat, there are plenty to be had. The best ones come with proper paperwork - don't forget to ask!!

Andy in NY

Commander

Hmm where is upstate NY for you? I am originally from Upstate New York is all. A little place called Moira near Massena.

i live in that area too, just outside of malone. we are the REAL upstate... lol.

honestly, i dont see free boats here that often, people think their junk is worth more than it is. but i do see +/- $500 boats all the time. i paid $550 for my first, and $400 for the second.

NickyBFWB

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i live in that area too, just outside of malone. we are the REAL upstate... lol.

honestly, i dont see free boats here that often, people think their junk is worth more than it is. but i do see +/- $500 boats all the time. i paid $550 for my first, and $400 for the second.

Yep definitely the north country. Always said unless you can hear Sandy Cook in the morning you aren't really in Upstate New York :-D. I might have to look around at the boats up there. Would be fun to play around on the Saint Lawrence the next time I am home.

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

If I were any further upstate, I'd be in Canada, eh?

helokittylovr

Seaman Apprentice

do you still have the free/cheep boat lists if so im in champlain ny and in dire need

thank you

Bondo

Staff member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinewalker
If I were any further upstate, I'd be in Canada, eh?

i am about 4 miles from the border...

my cell constantly picks up canadian towers when i am at my house.

Ayuh,... Chinewalker can walk, Maybe 100' before he gets his feet wet the the mighty St.Lawrence...

I'm just around the corner, on Lake Ontario...

Moira is a traffic light I Always have to stop at on my way home to Maine...

inthechateau

Cadet

I am looking for a project boat for parts for My Project SEa Ray, Need a 140 outdrive in a bad way. Let me know if you see any. I have a friend in CT that will pick up for me. I am in MD and hard to find goodhulls down here.

Thanks,

Tim

oops!

Supreme Mariner

oh....man....the party i could have in your areas guys.....

bondo there....chine walker....jonny and redfury just a few hours away......makes me jelous.
for good cheap project boats...call your insurance broker....nuff said

Bondo

Staff member

October 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM

Ayuh,... Trouble is,... This party was a Long time ago....

I already got suckered by this thread once before.....

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Bondo - you still got any boats in? I see a few in the lot on my way in to work. I'm down to one still floating - all the others are hibernating...

Bondo

Staff member

Bondo - you still got any boats in? I see a few in the lot on my way in to work. I'm down to one still floating - all the others are hibernating...

Ayuh,... Mine are on their wagons, 'n drained...

The boss still has a whaler/ outboard, 'n his Bert still in the water though...
Talked to 'im yesterday about it,...
He don't want me to pull 'em til monday, or later next week...

Supposed to be really Cold tonight,... Hope the Bert comes through it alright....:rolleyes: