Spray Paint Bimini top???

sebas54

Petty Officer 1st Class
Has anyone ever painted a Bimini top. I order some cans of fabric spray and started today. The original color was blue and I want it black. The first coat made it sort of navy color. The spray is UV resistant and it claims it wont fade. Any advise or suggestion are greatly appreciated.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Spray Paint Bimini top???

I think Tashasdaddy painted one.

DMAN1968

Seaman

Hello,

I spray painted an old jeep rag top once...used regular cheap spray paint. I went from white to black and it lasted for a few years at least. Had a little fading but for the price of less than a dollar a can touching it up wasn't a problem. The material of a bimini does not seem to be much different so it should work. I'm not familiar with fabric paint so I can't tell you anything about that.

Good Luck.

Nippissinger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well if the first coat made her navy, hit her again..You will get black eventually as it will only bleed till it covers.

Good Luck..

Nipper...

Bondo

Staff member

and I want it black.

Ayuh,... Sounds like it's gonna be HOT in the summer sun...

reelfishin

Captain

Ayuh,... Sounds like it's gonna be HOT in the summer sun...

That's what I was thinking, I had one that was navy blue and ended up putting a silver tarp over it on hot days till I found a white one.

sebas54

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for all your inputs. I order more cans because I ran out. I was thinking that black will make the boat hotter but I am not to concerned because the boat is only going to take me to my destination and back (beach, swimming, sandbar, etc). I only fish in the late afternoon or early morning never during the day so the heat of the sun is not so strong.

Thanks.