my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: my 68 Starcraft Holiday project

I'm waiting for you see how the deck has fared since the resto. Are you going to pull up the old deck?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Just painted...cut corners and am paying for it

Good and bad. Good cause I'm thinking of spar and bad cause you gotta re-do. I do like your planked plan. A real nice look.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Good and bad. Good cause I'm thinking of spar and bad cause you gotta re-do. I do like your planked plan. A real nice look.

Funny that the Minwax Helsman Spar is 46.00 a gallon, and 15.00 a quart..

msmolt

Recruit

who did your seats and were they the fold down like you have now? as im restoring a 1972 and really like your color . How much did it cost you for the seats?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Hello msmolt!
If you mean the blue and white one by the engine cover, I found those on craigslist for 50 bucks.
They had a flimsy plastic box base that I cut off

msmolt

Recruit

Oh wow Lucky you. thanks for the reply. well at this point in getting confused as to what im gonna do as i have this 1972 that i can get for $1000 but it need fully restored it a closed bow 140 hp IO. Probably have to put another 2 grand in it to look like yours. then I found another one for $1000 thats turn key and get on the water. but its an open bow and 65 HP out board. I like the open bow but think id rather have the 140 IO

jbcurt00

Staff member

i have this 1972 that i can get for $1000 but it need fully restored it a closed bow 140 hp IO................then I found another one for $1000 thats turn key and get on the water. but its an open bow and 65 HP out board. I like the open bow but think id rather have the 140 IO

It's easy MS, buy them both :rolleyes:

Your user name already has 2/3rds the letters in it for MBS. So buy 1 to USE and the other to FIX, then sell the open bow when you get the 1 you think you'd rather have/use finished. :laugh: That may actually change, once you start using a boat regularly.

Multiple
Boat
Syndrome

Many of us are afflicted w/ it :facepalm:

The other thing that will come up will be two-foot-itis. You have a 16ft'r, but you think it's just a little bit small. An 18ft's would be much better, you suppose..............

Then you start shopping and think:
Hmmm, maybe a 20ft's would be even better.... Or a 22ft's even better still................
Two-foot-itis is one of the leading contributing factors that lead to MBS.

Good luck.

Nice to see ya swinging thru CBK, have a good week..............

msmolt

Recruit

It's easy MS, buy them both :rolleyes:

Your user name already has 2/3rds the letters in it for MBS. So buy 1 to USE and the other to FIX, then sell the open bow when you get the 1 you think you'd rather have/use finished. :laugh: That may actually change, once you start using a boat regularly.

Multiple
Boat
Syndrome

Many of us are afflicted w/ it :facepalm:

The other thing that will come up will be two-foot-itis. You have a 16ft'r, but you think it's just a little bit small. An 18ft's would be much better, you suppose..............

Then you start shopping and think:
Two-foot-itis is one of the leading contributing factors that lead to MBS.

Good luck.

Nice to see ya swinging thru CBK, have a good week..............
MBS ? whats that?

Davidfutrell

Recruit
That's a great looking boat! I just bought a 68 Holiday V from my father in law Saturday. It's lake ready right now so I'm going to run it as is, but I will be updating the old girl this winter. It has a Chevy 327 with a Berkeley jet drive and it's a blast!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Its been nearly a year and a half, so this topic is inactive.

Please take notice of the Tip at the top of the forum page or the forum rules and guidelines at the Forum Help link in my siganture below.

Topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.