1956 Crestliner Aluminum Boat~RESTORATION~

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 1956 Crestliner Aluminum Boat~RESTORATION~

Vanman good to see you and the kids enjoying her thats what this is all about taking an old run down boat and making it new again and getting another generation out there enjoying it :D.

Rick

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Absolutely very cool boat! I really like that "welcome aboard" emblem that shows up in one of your images. Did you repaint that emblem as well? Very cool! Did that year model come with a windshield? Because it really looks sleek and very classy without one. Super job man!​

69starcraft

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I know this is an older thread but I was searching up gluvite and found this

Happened to notice in the post you were looking for a bimini top and the beam of the boat narrows to the rear like mine did

check my feathercraft thread and you will see how I tackled this issue.....

The Bimini came off a larger boat, and I thought I would have to cut/chop the frame. In the end I noticed the bimini supports would bend inwards, so I ended up just mounting it.

When up it is wonderful and looks good. When down the only downside is cosmetic where the bimini hangs off the sides about 6 inches on each side. I can live with this though

Been using it all summer like this....the aluminium arms held up to the bending and it swings up and down freely

I love your boat...

To polish it google a polish called "nuvite" It's used to polish airstreams

I bought a sample (its expensive) of the f7 grade polish. It blows anything I've ever seen away, including mothers. I did a small patch of the boat and when I was finished I could shave looking at it.