Cadet
i would like to camouflage paint my aluminium jon boat
anyone ever done it
what type of paint
tricks

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander
Re: camouflage paint jon boat

I used Rustoleum camo paint from Walmart on mine, just the green though, I didn't opt for the brown and black combo. I bought a quart and thinned it enough to spray. Mine had some old paint still on it and a few bare spots that I painted with aluminum primer. That paint has been on that boat now for over 5 years with no signs of lifting, peeling, fading or even much wear except for the corners where the straps rub it on the trailer. Prep is the key.

If you want a pro look and you're not strapped for cash a yinyl graphic may be another option. Here's a link but there may be cheaper options.

http://www.camo4u.com/cgi-bin/edit/camo4u/camo4u/dbdata/qs?UserList=listings&UserKeys=boat+&M=10

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I camo'd one once....... can't find it :eek:

Real easy to do. Pick your colors and pick a pattern and just go for it. Camo should be flat and not reflective....... and Nat'l Guard units in your area? The military camo paint is the best there is and trust me .... you don't want to know the price....... but every shop may have a can or two laying around that they would give away. The military has changed it's camo colors so there is paint out there.

fishrdan

Admiral

I saw one where a guy used stencils and it turned out great. I think he bought the camo stencils, but I don't think it would be that hard to cut them out yourself.

greencard

Cadet

THanks for the Camo4u link - I just got a camo boat wrap in Advantage Max4 - It sure looks a lot better than paint job

greencard

Cadet

The Camo4u is awesome - I would suggest it to anyone looking for camo vinyl wraps.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Okay greencard cease and desist! 4 of your 7 posts have been pushing a web site and business.

Get the hint...... if you want to promote a business ....Contact iboats!

This post is closed until the orignal poster requests that it be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.