My Jon Boat Conversion

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: My Jon Boat Conversion

Yes, I treated all of the wood with Thompson's Water Seal after all the cuts were made..stunk up the garage for 3 days.

That'll make the wood last a longer than totally untreated, but if you want it to last years a coat of resin & maybe even a layer of glass would have been better. Just food for thought for next time :)

pccraig

Cadet

That'll make the wood last a longer than totally untreated, but if you want it to last years a coat of resin & maybe even a layer of glass would have been better. Just food for thought for next time :)

I realize that... but I'm always tinkering with stuff, so after a few seasons, I'm sure I'll be revamping my design.

mike64

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cool. Nice job, by the way. Will keep an eye on this thread to see how the water trials go.

tallcanadian

Captain

very nice job. would love to see pics of her in the water. awesome looking boat.

pccraig

Cadet

Just added my light / bilge / power anchor switch, and of course a cup holder with room for a fat sandwitch:

z4.jpg

matthewp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks great! at first glance, I thought you'd pulled the boat into the living room! Nice garage space - almost as clean as your project. Now show us some pictures of a nice feeesh sliming the whole thing up :D