• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

Glen-l boats - worth it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen-l boats - worth it?

I have been kicking this around for a long time now, still thinking about it.
    Is it worth it? will the boat suck because of design flaws?

something like this:

Re: Glen-l boats - worth it?

Glen L has proven designs if you follow there directions.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

I have used their plans for several hydroplanes. No issues.
      sigpic
      Nothing is so broken that Government can't make it worse.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something...don't see any design flaws in that boat shown in your post.

Comment

No, but the guy at the helm doesn't look too happy, maybe sitting on that wooden seat bad on the hemohoriods.
          '90 Chaparral 2000SL
          5.8 Cobra
          '67 MFG Westfield Regal
          80hp V-4
          (No private messages)

Comment

That's just because there are no bikinis on the lake.
            sigpic
            Nothing is so broken that Government can't make it worse.

Comment

im going to agree, that dude looks miserable!

Tom
              1977 Trojan F-32 (321)
              The new project

1987 Carver Montego 2757 (for sale)
              Twin Merc 190s, Alpha I gen I

1992 Pursuit 2150 Express (sold)
              300hp 5.7 V8 FWC, Alpha I gen II...no thats not factory!
              EZ Loader tandem axle trailer

Comment

I think he's pissed that he lost his hair.
                http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x...h44/?start=all

Comment

That's the look some guys get after doing laps around a very busy ramp for 1/2 hour trying to get his boat out of the lake.
                  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BigB9000 View Post
                    I have been kicking this around for a long time now, still thinking about it.
                    Is it worth it? will the boat suck because of design flaws?

something like this:

They are most reliable and will help all they can. Read the instructions many times and while you build. Sign in to Glen-L-marine and join their forum. And you will get a feel for what they are about. Like here , there is lots of helpful info.

Comment

I am a member over there and I am currently building a Monaco, I have never read any reports of a design being poor handling once completed properly. Nothing but rave reviews on the seaworthiness etc. I am absolutely 100% positive anybody could screw one up though. I am trying as hard as I can that's for sure . . .
                      Torque gets you there. Horsepower gets you there in time for dinner.

Comment

None too happy? Naw, look again. I think he's just checking out the photog with a deadpan eye (maybe that's who's wearing the bikini), so his passenger won't notice. He doesn't look like one to circle the ramp for half an hour.
                        QC...post some pix of your Monaco project.

Comment

what about resale? I see these things on ebay and craigslist a lot, and I haven't seen one sale.

And I see a guy on here that bought one, and everyone said it not worth fixing

Comment

Originally posted by BigB9000 View Post
                            what about resale? I see these things on ebay and craigslist a lot, and I haven't seen one sale.

And I see a guy on here that bought one, and everyone said it not worth fixing
                            You sell em so you can build another.

Comment

I intend on selling mine. I have been in a slump ( I suck at painting) and trying to get remotivated . . . One good excuse for procrastinating is waiting on the market to come back. We have a couple of mountain lakes where a Chris type replica would sell, so I intend on focus marketing when I am ready to go. The paint scheme in the example above is very similar to mine with the exception that I am using dark blue, not green. Right now she is upside down and I am trying to get up the courage for my final coat. If I "F" it up, I will get her clear coated when I am finished and call it a day with that part of this project. I need to get her turned over and start building things instead of endless sanding and painting and sanding off F'ed up coats . . . She is an inboard, and the structure is all done (I bought it that way) search the restoration section for more info, I was hot and heavy this time last year. I'll check on my pics and post some more soon.
                              Torque gets you there. Horsepower gets you there in time for dinner.

Comment

Working...
                              X