1957 Larson Thunderhawk

jepstr67

Cadet
Re: 1957 Larson Thunderhawk

He is the editor of the antique and classic boat magazine here in Minnesota. That is the only e-mail I can find for him. They also had his phone number.
Lee is probably the foremost authority on Thunderhawks anywhere, perhaps even more so than Monahan.

editor@acbs-bslol.com

H: 218-963-7782

I have a junker 57 Evinrude Lark if you need some parts.

J67

jusfloatin

Petty Officer 1st Class

He is the editor of the antique and classic boat magazine here in Minnesota. That is the only e-mail I can find for him. They also had his phone number.
Lee is probably the foremost authority on Thunderhawks anywhere, perhaps even more so than Monahan.

editor@acbs-bslol.com

H: 218-963-7782

I have a junker 57 Evinrude Lark if you need some parts.

J67

Jepster67
I emailed Lee with a couple of questions and also sent him a couple pictures of the boat.
I was happy to get an email from him the next day asking me for a shipping address and that was all the email said.

Today a shipping truck shows up at the door with a round tube address to me.

Lee shipped 2 Lucite flag poles for my boat with a short letter saying
"I had these kicking around - you can have them"

He even paid the shipping.

Look I don't want anyone to email this man with hopes of something for nothing but I could not let a gesture like that go and not say something about this gentleman.

Attachments

• Thunderhawk light poles 001.JPG
    Thunderhawk light poles 001.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

I am powering an older Lone Star glass boat with a pair of 57 Johnson 35"s, the boat did come with twins, just not this set. I will be anxious to see how fast this set up be?

The lines on your boat really are nice, take pictures and share as you go.

benjh1028

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well some new news, as I was digging out the junk and debrie I found the placard as it turns out it is a 1959 not a 57.
It is rated for a max 60hp with a capacity of 1525lbs.
It also has 2 plates on the transom where the motor clamps tighten onto. They are spead out as if it was intended to run twin motors.
Could this be?
Surfing the net and cane across this pic of a 59' Thunderawk with twins:

Ben
View attachment 108585