• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

We're excited to announce the launch of our NEW Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building section on iboats.com! See more details!

This new area was created specifically to meet the needs of those of you who participate in the iboats Boat Restoration, Building, and Hull Repair forum. To kick off the launch, we are giving away free product in every order over $100 as follows:

Spend $100-149: Get a free paint suit (Large only)
Spend $150-199: Get a free sandpaper finish pack & paint suit (Large only)
Spend $200-249: Get a free catalyst dispenser
Spend $250-299: Get a free Sufasolve hand wipes
Spend $300-349: Get a free Aqua Blue buffing compound (quart)
Spend $350-399: Get a free small tint kit
Spend $400+: Get a free Preval sprayer

To qualify for the free products, select any Fiberlay, Spectrum Fiberglass, System Three, or Gibco product.

Also, we have discounted our already low prices by another 5-15%. Stay tuned as we will be giving away 3 $100 iboats gift certificates from May to June to be used on the new fiberglass and epoxy products.

To view the new Fiberglass & Epoxy Boat Repair & Building, go to http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Paint-Repair-Maintenance-Gel-Coat-Cleaners-Carpet-Epoxy/dm/view_id.11
See more
See less

livewell

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• livewell

alright, here i go. im sixteen years old and for the summer i have bought a 14 foot boat with a 33 johnston, it runs great and everything but me and my buddys plan on doin alot of fishing this summer and i would like to build a live well, and not one out of like a cooler or something, i want to actually build this thing, im very good with my hands and can get help if needed. if anyone has any ideas on how to build a permenent livewell please let me know, any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks, landon

Re: livewell

build a box, waterproof glass it to the very bottom of the boat, drill a hole thru the bottom. wa la a live well. but a cooler with aerator just as good.
    FLORIDA GATORS
    TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
    That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

if you really want to tackel the project and really make it spiffy.....in the book called runabout renovation by jim anderson....there is a diagrame that has detailed instructions...including an areator.

congrats on buying the boat....

may i suggest you take a safe boating course....we all do....and we keep taking more referesher courses.....

have fun....be safe
        The Hull Extension Thread
        great info on all aspects on boat building with detailed information.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=234392

IN MEMORY OF Our friend SpinnerBait_Nut LESTER WRIGHT July 31, 1953 - Nov 26, 2008 RIP

IN MEMORY OF Our friend Tashasdaddy Robert (bob) Griffis. October 27, 1948
        November 29 2010 RIP

Comment

show us pics of your project when you're done too. good luck!

Comment

Landon, welcome to the forum. we do have quite a few, teen members. fuzzywiggler, baconbiscut, bassboy1. and others.
            FLORIDA GATORS
            TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
            That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

O. ok thanks well ya I've took the safe boating course a couple times lol. And I will deffintly take pics and post them once I get this thing done. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
              X