• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • ALL iboats Forum Members and Guests:
    To show our appreciation for your participation in the Forums, we're offering an exclusive Forums-only discount good for an additional 5% off your iboats.com order for a limited time.
    To redeem, simply call our Customer Service Team at 800-914-1123 (Open M-F, 9am - 8pm Eastern Time) and mention the Forums 5% off discount. Offer excludes engines, trolling motors, and electronics.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jb Wet Weld??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jb Wet Weld??

Anybody ever use JB Wet Weld for repairs to fiberglass? I have a few chips on the hull, one appears to be the result of hitting a log. It is about 3/4" x 1 1/2" in size right on the vee of the hull at the waterline. Chipped away the outer layer but is solid and does not leak. Reading the claims of JB Wet Weld would lead one to believe this stuff should work quite well for this type repair. But I've never used it and was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Jb Wet Weld??

marine tex is the correct product for that type of repair.....

i havent used jb weld but if i was to try it....id do it on a seperate peice of glass
    The Hull Extension Thread
    great info on all aspects on boat building with detailed information.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=234392

IN MEMORY OF Our friend SpinnerBait_Nut LESTER WRIGHT July 31, 1953 - Nov 26, 2008 RIP

IN MEMORY OF Our friend Tashasdaddy Robert (bob) Griffis. October 27, 1948
    November 29 2010 RIP

Comment

i have used JB Marine, have not tried wet.
      FLORIDA GATORS
      TEBOW Country

Please, NO PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems. they will not be answered.
      That is what these forums are for. Post your questions, in the appropriate Forum.

Comment

JB Wet Weld may very well work just fine. But it appears as though no one here has used it on a boat.

But there are dozens of iboat members (me included) who can tell you with 100% certainty that Marine Tex is the correct product to repair that damage. A little touch-up paint and you won't know its there.
        sigpic 1985 Bayliner 1600 Capri Cuddy, 1965 MFG Niagara Custom. >> MFG Video<<. >> MFG Project<< >>Bayliner Hard Top Project<< >>Bayliner Repower Project<<

Comment

I certainly agree with the rest of the crew - Marine Tex should be your choice for this repair - http://www.marinetex.com/
          Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance

Comment

Working...
          X